How to insert images into TeXnicCenter (DVI)

• Thread starter PhizKid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Images
In summary, the conversation discusses the problem of including an image in a DVI file. The person is using the \includegraphics command but the image is not showing up. They have the necessary package and libraries, but the issue may be with the DVI format not directly supporting included graphics. The solution is to try compiling into PDF instead, which supports .jpg, .png, and .pdf formats.
PhizKid
I am trying to using this line:

\includegraphics{C:/Users/PhizKid/Desktop/Untitled.jpg}

But there is no image showing up when I view the DVI file. What am I doing wrong? (I have \usepackage{graphicx} somewhere at the top)

nvm, I got it

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No matter which you use tex editor (TeXnicCenter), if you have the necessary packages to include graphics you should not put any problem as long as you include the necessary libraries.

Code:
\usepackage[dvips,pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage{graphics}

These are the default for lines include a graph.

Code:
\begin{figure}[h!]
\centering
\includegraphics[scale=0.5]{your graphic}\quad
\caption{title}
\label{name}
\end{figure}

Overview pdf If you can see the graph and then your problem is with the dvi. You should check with other formats (png, eps, pdf)

regards

I don't think that DVI directly supports included graphics. This is usually handled by dvips or pdfLaTeX if you compile directly into PDF (my preferred way).

pdfLaTeX supports .jpg, .png and .pdf. Last time I checked, dvips needed .eps

Related to How to insert images into TeXnicCenter (DVI)

1. How do I insert an image into TeXnicCenter?

To insert an image into TeXnicCenter, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Graphics". This will open a dialog box where you can select the image file you want to insert.

2. What file formats are supported for inserting images into TeXnicCenter?

TeXnicCenter supports the most common image formats, such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF. However, it is recommended to use EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) files for better quality and compatibility with LaTeX.

3. How do I resize an image in TeXnicCenter?

To resize an image in TeXnicCenter, you can use the "scale" option in the "Insert Graphics" dialog box. Alternatively, you can also use LaTeX commands such as \scalebox or \resizebox in your document's code.

4. Can I insert multiple images in a single document using TeXnicCenter?

Yes, you can insert multiple images in a single document using TeXnicCenter. Simply repeat the "Insert Graphics" process for each image you want to add.

5. How do I align images in TeXnicCenter?

To align images in TeXnicCenter, you can use the "HAlign" and "VAlign" options in the "Insert Graphics" dialog box. These options allow you to choose the horizontal and vertical alignment of the image within the text.