How to Handle Matrix Operations and Pair Finding in C?

• Thread starter sulev8
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, the conversation discusses an exercise involving creating a C program to handle a matrix and find element pairs with equal values and their indices. The participants do not provide direct answers, instead offering hints and suggestions on how to approach the exercise. They mention the use of arrays and two dimensional arrays, and suggest writing down steps and drawing storage diagrams to assist in solving the problem.
sulev8
Enter integer rectangle matrix A(0..n,0..m). Give out entered matrix by columns. Find all element pairs with equal value and their index and give them out.

I have to write c programm for this , can anyone make the body of this exercise and share some instructions how i should approach to this kind of exercise.
Many thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF sulev. Note that on PF we don't give answers, just hints. For me it is easy to produce such a program but if I just give it to you then you probably won't be able to solve a similar assignment yourself next time.

Have you learned about arrays? Also, two dimensional arrays (http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/int/sx9.html)?

CompuChip said:
Welcome to PF sulev. Note that on PF we don't give answers, just hints. For me it is easy to produce such a program but if I just give it to you then you probably won't be able to solve a similar assignment yourself next time.

Have you learned about arrays? Also, two dimensional arrays (http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/int/sx9.html)?

maybe you can give me some more hints , I am still kinda in trouble with it

Write down step by step what you need to do.
Draw the storage as boxes on pieces of paper.
Think

Post back here

Related to How to Handle Matrix Operations and Pair Finding in C?

1. What kind of assignment do you need help with?

I am a scientist and can provide assistance with various scientific assignments including experimental design, data analysis, and research paper writing.

2. How much time do you have before the assignment is due?

Please provide me with a timeline for your assignment so I can allocate enough time to help you effectively.

3. What is your preferred method of communication?

I am willing to communicate through email, phone calls, or video conferencing to discuss your assignment and provide assistance.

4. Will you be able to provide me with any necessary materials or information?

In order to help you with your assignment, I may need some additional materials or information from you such as a prompt, specific instructions, or data. Please have these ready when requesting my help.

5. Can you guarantee a good grade if I seek your help?

I can provide you with guidance and support to improve your assignment, but I cannot guarantee a specific grade. Ultimately, the quality of your work and your understanding of the subject matter will determine your grade.