Is the 80's Making a Comeback?

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the return of 80's trends and music, with some people expressing love for the era while others express dislike. Some speculate about why we go through cycles of nostalgia for certain decades, and one person prefers old-time Calypso music. The conversation also touches on the decline of popular music over the years, and one person recalls a time when the 50's were considered "back." The conversation ends with someone mentioning the current popularity of revamping old disco music for the house genre. Overall, there are mixed opinions on the 80's and its impact on music and fashion.
quddusaliquddus
I keep hearing the 80's is back ... do you love :biggrin: / :yuck: hate it?
What are the signs that it's back?
Why/how do we go through these cycles ? ... only a few years a go, the 60/70's was back :eek: :rofl: :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know who is saying that the 80's are back, but I sincerely hope that it is a terrible hoax. The 80's were without doubt the worst decade for music ever. If I never hear another synthesizer again, it will be too soon.

Aw come on, the 80’s were awesome! There’s nothing like going to a bar and rocking out to 80s music.

Disappointed again (I was hoping for a time warp or maybe some kind of elixir).
I prefer the old-time Calypso anyway.

I wouldn't say the music from the 80's was particularly bad. I think that popular music pretty much died in the early 70's, briefly had a post-mortem spasm in the late 70s early 80s, then flopped over into rigor mortis. I don't think I like an hours worth of music to come out in the last 20 years. Now, pardon me while I sit back in my rocker and shake my cane at some passing whippersnappers.

Njorl

When I was a kid, the 50s were back. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

How can you not like the big hair and and the SPANDEX... got to love it!

Are the 80's back\??. i thought it was the seventies... the whole retro clothing and the bright colors. As for the music, I'm into house music and a lot of old disco trax are being given the house treatment and the music is wicked! I went to a party last week and a DJ from the uk played some delicous house trax.. music seems to be getting better.

What is "The 80's Is Back"?

"The 80's Is Back" is a phrase commonly used to refer to the resurgence of popular culture and trends from the 1980s. This includes fashion, music, movies, and other aspects of daily life that were popular during that decade.

Why do people say "The 80's Is Back"?

People say "The 80's Is Back" because there has been a recent revival of interest in the cultural aspects of the 1980s. Many people who were born after that decade are nostalgic for the trends and styles of the 80s, while others enjoy exploring and recreating the era.

What are some examples of "The 80's Is Back" trends and styles?

Some examples of "The 80's Is Back" trends and styles include big hair, bright neon colors, bold patterns, leggings, scrunchies, fanny packs, and high-waisted jeans. In terms of music, popular genres from the 80s such as new wave, synthpop, and hair metal have also made a comeback.

Is "The 80's Is Back" just a fashion trend?

No, "The 80's Is Back" encompasses more than just fashion. It also includes other aspects of popular culture, such as movies, TV shows, and technology. For example, the popularity of retro video games and vintage technology from the 80s has also contributed to this trend.

Will "The 80's Is Back" trend continue?

It is difficult to predict the future, but based on current trends, it is likely that the popularity of "The 80's Is Back" will continue for some time. Nostalgia for past decades is a common trend, and the 80s continue to hold a fascination for many people. However, it is possible that eventually, the trend will shift to another decade or era.