How to get emails and alerts in regards to a topic?

• Thread starter bluejay27
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is interested in a way to receive email alerts for threads discussing spectroscopy. However, currently, there is no option for this and the only way to find such threads is by searching for the keyword periodically. This can also be done without using tags, as there are 105 posts related to spectroscopy in the forum.
bluejay27
Hi,

Although I would like to the check all the threads that are being posted, I am particularly interested in a topics that discusses only about spectroscopy. Is there a way that I could receive emails of alert if the topic itself is being asked?

Physics news on Phys.org
Not at this time. One option would be to search for the keyword in our tagging system periodically, but it relies on members actually using the tag.

The search by the keyword "spectroscopy" gave me 105 hits. So even without being tagged, it provides plenty of posts to read!

https://www.physicsforums.com/search/4690761/?q=spectroscopy&o=relevance

Related to How to get emails and alerts in regards to a topic?

1. How can I receive emails and alerts about a specific topic?

To receive emails and alerts about a specific topic, you can sign up for email notifications or subscribe to alerts from reputable websites or organizations that cover the topic you are interested in. You can also set up a Google Alert for the topic, which will send you email updates whenever new information is published online.

2. Is there a way to filter the emails and alerts I receive to make sure they are relevant to my topic?

Yes, you can filter the emails and alerts you receive by setting up specific keywords and filters. This will help ensure that you only receive notifications about the specific topic you are interested in and avoid irrelevant emails and alerts.

3. Can I adjust the frequency of the emails and alerts I receive?

Yes, most email notification and alert systems allow you to adjust the frequency of the emails and alerts you receive. You can choose to receive them daily, weekly, or in real-time depending on your preferences and the urgency of the information.

4. Are there any free options for receiving emails and alerts about a topic?

Yes, there are many free options available for receiving emails and alerts about a topic. You can sign up for email newsletters from websites or organizations that cover the topic, subscribe to alerts on social media platforms, or set up Google Alerts without any cost.

5. How do I know if the emails and alerts I am receiving are reliable?

It is important to only subscribe to emails and alerts from reputable sources to ensure the information you receive is reliable. Do your research and make sure the source is credible before signing up for notifications. You can also check for any disclaimers or sources cited in the emails or alerts to verify the information.