How to fit the Fourier optical formula using matlab

• Thread starter xiaoxin8949
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, to input data into matlab for Fourier optical formula fitting, you can use the "importdata" function or manually enter data using the "input" function. The syntax for the Fourier optical formula in matlab is "fft(x)", where x is the input data. This will output the Fourier transform of the input data. It is possible to fit the Fourier optical formula to non-uniformly spaced data by using interpolation functions such as "interp1" and "interp2". The fast Fourier transform (FFT) is a faster algorithm for calculating the discrete Fourier transform (DFT), taking advantage of the symmetry of the DFT to reduce the number of calculations needed. To visualize the results of Fourier optical formula fitting, you can use the
xiaoxin8949
Homework Statement
For this formula, I don't know how to fit this formula to obtain the light intensity distribution. What I try to fit is a straight line parallel to the x-axis。
This one is about light passing through the surface of the liquid and forming a light field at the bottom of the water
Relevant Equations
y = k0 * (n - 1) * A * cos(w - k * x)
E = E0 * exp(1i * y1)
Solved by matlab

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

So do you still have a question, or are you all good now?