How to find the DImensions of all the parts of the device

In summary, the problem requires finding the dimensions of various parts in a mechanism, including the diameter of a threaded nut, the vertical length of a handle, and the diameter of a pin. The mechanism is similar to a car jack, with two jaws instead of a triangle. The handle must be able to withstand a maximum force of 100 N, and there is also a force of 1779.261 N on one of the jaws. The solution may involve relating work done with distance and applying inertia to find the dimensions of the parts. There is some missing information in the provided diagrams, but they have been modified to provide more clarity.
shaheryarbhatti

Homework Statement

As picture attached .We need to find the dimensions of all the parts that are Pin(A),Jaw(B and C), NUt (D) , Handle (E) .The jaw B is fixed and C is free to move towards B.There is a force T=1779.261 N on Jaw C.Secondly there is a human force involved in turning the handle (E) which is maximum of 100 N and can not exceed it.We need to find the dimensions for all the components discussed , especially the diameter of the threaded nut ,the verticle length of the Handle and the DIameter of the Pin being used.
U can see the mechanism of car jack .its exactly the same just the difference is that tehre are two jaws in place of traingle in car jack.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Well i think if we can possibly relate the work done is covering the distance with the force applied over the handle then we can caluculate the diemnsions of Handle and for the diameter of Nut if we can find its realtion with inertia .

Attachments

• jaws.JPG
    jaws.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 426
Physics news on Phys.org
addition in daigram uploaded before so see the new diagram

there is a little inforamtion missing in the first diagram so i have added it in the second diagram attached now.

Attachments

• jaws.JPG
    jaws.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 401
A little more of correction or can say ease in question

Well sorry for the inconvenience wlel i have modified the image more maybe it could be of little more help

Attachments

• jaws.JPG
    jaws.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 375

Related to How to find the DImensions of all the parts of the device

1. What is the importance of knowing the dimensions of all parts of a device?

The dimensions of a device are crucial for several reasons. Firstly, it allows for accurate and precise construction of the device. Secondly, it helps in determining the compatibility of the device with other components. Lastly, knowing the dimensions can aid in troubleshooting and maintenance of the device.

2. How can I measure the dimensions of a device?

The most common method is to use a ruler or caliper to measure the length, width, and height of the device. For more complex shapes, a coordinate measuring machine or 3D scanner can be used. Additionally, some devices may come with specifications or blueprints that include the dimensions.

3. Are there any standard units for measuring device dimensions?

Yes, commonly used units include millimeters (mm), centimeters (cm), and inches (in). It is important to use the same unit consistently throughout the measurement process to ensure accuracy.

4. Can I estimate the dimensions of a device without physically measuring it?

In some cases, it may be possible to estimate the dimensions of a device by using its weight or volume. However, this method may not be as accurate as physically measuring the device.

5. How do I account for tolerances when measuring device dimensions?

Tolerances refer to the allowable range of variation in dimensions. It is important to take these into consideration when measuring a device, as even small differences can affect the functionality of the device. Consult the manufacturer's specifications or blueprints to determine the acceptable tolerances for the device.