How to find B field in paralle plate capasitor

In summary: I'm thinking if I could find the length of each strip and the distance between them I could solve for the power
leonne

Homework Statement

how to find B field in parallel plate capacitor
the plates have a length L and width w and separated a distance h

Homework Equations

B dl=[tex]\mu[/tex] I

The Attempt at a Solution

I am trying to find the B files i thought u would use
B dl=[tex]\mu[/tex] I
but the book has the answer as B=[tex]\mu[/tex] K =[tex]\mu[/tex] I/W
I thought the answer would be like B=[tex]\mu[/tex] I/L does it have to do with the direction of the b files? the current is flowing to the right
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
leonne said:

Homework Statement

how to find B field in parallel plate capacitor
the plates have a length L and width w and separated a distance h

Homework Equations

B dl=[tex]\mu[/tex] I

The Attempt at a Solution

I am trying to find the B files i thought u would use
B dl=[tex]\mu[/tex] I
but the book has the answer as B=[tex]\mu[/tex] K =[tex]\mu[/tex] I/W
I thought the answer would be like B=[tex]\mu[/tex] I/L does it have to do with the direction of the b files? the current is flowing to the right
thanks

Could you please clarify your question? Capacitors do not generate B-fields typically, so there must be more to this problem? Can you post the figure from the question?

well suppose to find the power transported down a cable of ex7.13 and problem 7.58., assuming the 2 conductors are held at pot diff V and carry current I
I did the one for 7.13 but this one is for 7.58
for problem 7.58
says a certain transmission line is constructed from 2 thin metal ribbons of width w a very small distance h apart the current flows down one strip back along the other

can't find a figure but its 2 rectangles parallel to each other

Related to How to find B field in paralle plate capasitor

1. How do I calculate the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor?

To calculate the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor, you can use the formula B = μ0I/2πr, where μ0 is the permeability of free space, I is the current flowing through the capacitor, and r is the distance from the center of the capacitor to the point where you want to find the magnetic field.

2. What is the direction of the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor?

The direction of the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor is perpendicular to the plane of the plates and follows the right-hand rule. This means that if you curl the fingers of your right hand in the direction of the current flowing through the capacitor, your thumb will point in the direction of the magnetic field.

3. Can the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor be zero?

Yes, the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor can be zero. This will occur when there is no current flowing through the capacitor, as the formula for calculating the magnetic field (B = μ0I/2πr) includes the current I as a variable. If there is no current, the magnetic field will be zero regardless of the distance r.

4. How does the distance between the plates affect the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor?

The distance between the plates in a parallel plate capacitor has an inverse relationship with the magnetic field. This means that as the distance between the plates decreases, the magnetic field increases, and vice versa. This relationship is represented in the formula for calculating the magnetic field (B = μ0I/2πr), where r is the distance between the plates.

5. What factors can affect the accuracy of calculating the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor?

The accuracy of calculating the magnetic field in a parallel plate capacitor can be affected by factors such as the uniformity of current flow, the shape and size of the plates, and the presence of external magnetic fields. It is important to ensure that the current is evenly distributed across the plates and that there are no significant external magnetic fields present to get an accurate calculation of the magnetic field.