Can anyone here speak Spanish?

• Thread starter Astronomer107
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person wanting to practice speaking Spanish and asking if anyone else speaks Spanish. Some people respond saying they understand and can reply in Spanish, while others mention their experience with studying Spanish. There is also a discussion about different types of Spanish and a humorous misunderstanding involving the word "ano". The conversation ends with someone saying they can also speak Spanish but prefer English.
Astronomer107
Quiero saber si alguien habla español aquí porque siempre me encanta hablar en español para practicar (Soy una estudiante de español II). Dígame si entiende éso, porque quiero hablar con usted.

Physics news on Phys.org
I understand what you said and shall try to reply in spanish,

Me estudiantela espanol por unos anos por que es muy interesante, pero me no hablar mucho espanol.

That was awful don't know how to get the accents either.

No hablo, tan apenas utilizado la herramienta del traducir del mejor motor de búsqueda del mundo - absolutamente bueno pero yo sospeche que algo de la gramática puede ser incorrecta.

Originally posted by Andy

Me estudiantela espanol por unos anos por que es muy interesante, pero me no hablar mucho espanol.

That was awful don't know how to get the accents either.

Está bien que no recuerdas todo en español. Solamente la recuerdo porque estoy en la clase ahora. ¿Por cuántos años estudiaste español?

I am studying spanish in school and i probably look like a dork cause i didnt say that in spanish

Me no enteniendo!

hay que enchufarla hijo!

yo estudio espanol en escuela para cinco anos. pero no hable con peronas en espanol para cuarto anos.

i know that was horrible. but i was trying to say i studied it in school for 5 years but i haven't really spoken it in 4. maybe if i watch more Univision it will all come back.

Yo no se si Greg quieres que nosotros habla en una lingua que el no entiendes.

El Espanol que yo hablo es de Puerto Rico, y no es (exactamente) lo mismo de los otros typos de Espanol. Eres interesante que son differentes typos de una idioma, pero es la verdad.

Also, I left Puerto Rico when I was 1 and 1/2 year old, so I'm only conversational, not fluent (as I am in English and ASL).

LOL Please don't be offended, it's just that you said "por unos anos...". "Ano" means anus. LOL

I guess there's no way to make an "enye" on the PF's, so yours is the kind of mistake that can be expected. I just thought it was really funny.

that was no mistake! i have been studying spanish for 1 anus!

that was no mistake! i have been studying spanish for 1 anus!

ROTFLMBO

LOL:
Astronomer107: I want to know if somebody speech here Spanish because it always enchants to speak to me in Spanish to practice (I am a student of Spanish II). Dígame if it understands éso, because I want to speak with you.

Andy: Me estudiantela espanol by anuses so that he is very interesting, but not to speak espanol much to me.

extra: I do not speak, so as soon as used the tool of translating of the best motor search of the world - absolutely good but I suspect that something of the grammar can be incorrect.

Astronomer107: It is well that you do not remember everything in Spanish. Only the memory because I am in the class now. By how many years you studied Spanish?

spacemanspiff: it is necessary to connect it son! I study espanol in school for five anuses. but he does not speak with peronas in espanol for fourth anuses.

Mentat: I not if Greg you love that we speech in one lingua who you do not understand. The Espanol that I speak is of Puerto Rico, and it is not (exactly) the same of the other typos of Espanol. You are interesting which they are differentes typos of a language, but is the truth. Also, Is left Puerto Rico when I was 1 and 1/2 to year old, under conversational Ím only, not fluent (ace I a.m. in English and ASL).
http://world.altavista.com/

LOL!
at least i got the first sentence right. that's an old inside joke from spanish 2. and you can't fault me for the whole anus thing. I don't pay attention to all those crazy accent things. it's too much for me.

but now i will think twice before trying to join in a conversation with my spanish speaking friends.

puedo hablar espanol tambien, pero ingles es mi (lanuage) favorito/a.

What is the most commonly spoken language in the world?

The most commonly spoken language in the world is Chinese, with over 1.2 billion speakers. Spanish comes in second, with approximately 460 million speakers globally.

Is Spanish a difficult language to learn?

It depends on the individual's native language and their dedication to learning. For English speakers, Spanish can be relatively easy to learn due to the many similarities in vocabulary and grammar.

Why is Spanish an important language to learn?

Spanish is the official language in over 20 countries, making it incredibly useful for travel and business. It is also the second most spoken language in the United States, making it essential for communication with a large part of the population.

What are some benefits of being bilingual in English and Spanish?

Bilingualism has been linked to improved cognitive abilities, such as problem-solving and critical thinking skills. It also opens up job opportunities in various fields, including international business, education, and translation.

How long does it take to become fluent in Spanish?

The amount of time it takes to become fluent in Spanish varies depending on the individual's language learning abilities and the amount of time they dedicate to practicing. On average, it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to achieve fluency.