Do 'we' see the world as we assume it exists?

• Thread starter onycho
  • Start date
In summary, Gordon L. Kane of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor states that all the discoveries in the last century seem to be finding more of the same until the discovery of the Higgs boson which is a completely new type of object never seen before. Without the Higgs boson, all matter would only exist as energy, not as molecules, people, Earth, or any other object. There are still many unknowns in the world of science, and the search for truth is more important than possessing it. Our perception of reality is shaped by our beliefs and can be altered as we change our understanding of the natural laws. Energy remains a mystery and the key to understanding many unexplained phenomena in the universe.
I must apologize to all,

I have not read all the posts in
this forum, and perhaps someone
has already addressed the point
I am about to bring up.

In my opinion, due to improper use
of the word perception, a lot of
pointless arguments are being brought
forth.

You see, perception is nothing more
than our interpretation of empirical
and objective reality. Empirical reality
absolutely can not be altered through
our perception, however it can be interpreted
the way we choose.

You may create a wormhole in your imagination and
travel billions of light years to visit other
worlds, but it is only real for you, not for
others, because you choose to interpret the reality
that way. You can interpret reality as allowing
dragons and goblins to exist, but it won't change
the reality for others. And even if you do change the
reality in your head, the effects will be more
damaging than constructive. Because a constructed
reality is nothing more than an illusion.

In fact, the "perception is reality" approach is practiced by
terminally ill and others seeking to escape reality -
it is called meditation. "See the healing light and
find your cave," - helps those people to free themselves
of pain (temporarily). But does it rid them of their
tumor, illness, or parasites? No, it does not.

Being able to alter the reality is the ultimate dream of
any man. It is the same as being God.

Be patient, one day it will be possible. Not through
metaphysics, but through nanotehnology.

Physics news on Phys.org
old reality is no reality

This is the only thing that you may be sure of. Reality is an illusion. We "see" reality as a construct, not as it really is. This is because we are in step lock with reality is before we observe / cause the collapse of the wave function. We see old "reality".

Originally posted by Ambient

You see, perception is nothing more
than our interpretation of empirical
and objective reality. Empirical reality
absolutely can not be altered through
our perception, however it can be interpreted
the way we choose.

Ambient you are basically correct that human perception can neither change nor alter objective reality. But you must first define 'reality.'

As one might be able say that our 'reality' is in truth only an illusion that our cognition assumes exists. IF there is in reality a timeless dimension where nothing really exists except a consciousness flow of some 'freewill' that for a short period of fixed time within this timelessness observes our universe with all of its particles and apparent laws of physics.

Then it is not our 'perception' that affects reality but just the opposite.

Either way, this is a metaphysics thread and cannot be validated one way or the other.

Our culture defines our concepts of the fear of death and dying. Unlike meditation or forms of transendental or reincarnations the perception of reality may truly dictate what we humans consider to be real and observable. Reality then would be nothing more or less than a creation in a void by force or forces unknown.

And then again, maybe not...

Last edited by a moderator:
To Merlin:

It is very curious, and in a way disturbing, how
quantum physics has become more of a "new age"
philosophy for some.

I am not going to attack your opinion, but if
you are trying to look at quantum physics as
science you cannot abandon one thing that is
essential to any science - scientific rigor.

I have talked about it on another forum, but I
will say it again. Due to the fact that the
first definition of uncertainty was poorly
worded, the definition allowed for those who
read into the context to think that wave function
collapses once we try to measure it.

But do you just rely on that archaic badly
worded definition, or the clarification that
has since been provided by many scientists.

The uncertainty principle essentially is used
to describe wave/particle duality, not prescribe
our consciousness the attributes it does not
possess.

Also, if you do read scientific publications on
quantum physics and mechanics, you would know
that at least at this point quantum physics is
used solely to describe properties and interaction
of atomic and subatomic particles.

TRYING TO EXPLAIN EVERYDAY PHENOMENON LIKE GRAVITY,
TRAJECTORY OF AN OBJECT, ACCELERATION, BY THE MEANS
OF QUANTUM PHYSICS IS TOO COMPLEX TO BE PRACTICAL.

The rules of classical physics that are used to accurately
describe the interaction between objects, cannot be used
to describe the properties of subatomic particles accurately,
and vice versa.

In no way the uncertainty principle does suggest
that our consciousness collapses the wave function. Only
if you really try to read the definition the way you want.

What stirs up this confusion is our lack of complete understanding
of particle/wave duality of matter.

We do not construct the objective reality, it is always there,
it is not affected by our consciousness in any way. If our
civilization ceases to exists, it does not mean that the
universe will cease to exist. If you die, the people around you,
and the universe, do not!

I said it before, I will say it again - you can interpret reality
the way you choose, but it does not make your interpretation
real. Nazi's believed that they were a superior race, there were
millions of people who believed that, but did it make it so? Not
in the least. Militant Muslims believe that they will go to Heaven and live with 70 virgins there if they sacrifice themselves and kill
infidels. But do they end up in heaven with 70 virgins? I doubt that.
(I am not trying to stir up a religious debate here, just making a
point). Communists believed in bright future of equality and
conformity, but you can see that it didn't work either.

What was wrong with the groups mentioned in the above examples?
They all refused to accept objective empirical reality and tried
to create their own skewed one.

I can go on and on with examples of how departing from sober
and objective look on reality can be destructive.

However, I believe I have shown enough evidence to make my point.

Cioa.

which reality?

somewhere, near the beginning of this thread, i believe i asked that we define the reality we are discussing.

there is a physical reality that we share and this has laws of science to explain its behaviour. in all probability it is a form of electro-magnetic energy that we agree to experience as being physical.

another reality is what we experience. you and i can interact with the same physical objects and yet have a totally different experience with them. let's agree to have a catch with the exact same ball. (we will put aside the question of whether or not it is) now, i think playing catch is a complete waste of time, is so easy to do (throw and catch) that i have a miserable time. you, wanting to hone your skills, know that you can get better for your up-comming game. you enjoy the exercise and practice.

like the muslims, you believe you will play better in that game. whether you do or not is questionable.

so we percieve/experince our individual reality based on what we believe. hopefully, from there, we learn how to adjust our beliefs for a future reality that is more enjoyable as it expands.

the interplay of beliefs and reality are very complex. i chose to participate in a catch because i believed that i was helping you, but, believing that it was a waste of time i was unhappy. within the belief of practice makes perfect, what do you do, if you play and make 3 errors? no virgins for you!

we agree that the physical world is here, but it is our beliefs that color our experience of the physical and and non-physical universes. if we load in the probablity of reincarnation, we can see how all the universes expand and there is no waste of time or energy. our poor muslim may not get his virgins, but he may be able to reason more clearly in another life. without linear time, he may even be another casualty of 9-11.

are we treading close to religion ban? if so i'll demur. IMHO, religion is what we believe. what should be discouraged is discussions of the various 'organized religions'.

the only truth is that there ain't no truth.

Originally posted by Olde Drunk

"there is a physical reality that we share and this has laws of science to explain its behaviour. in all probability it is a form of electro-magnetic energy that we agree to experience as being physical."

Why must experiencing reality be a form of electro-magnetic energy? Why could it not be some form of giant dimensional holograph in which our state of consciousness experiences reality?

"...another reality is what we experience. you and i can interact with the same physical objects and yet have a totally different experience with them..."

Why must we interact with anything physical when the nature of 'things' maybe nothing more or less in which our individual consciousness awareness' presuppose a universal reality?

"are we treading close to religion ban? if so i'll demur. IMHO, religion is what we believe. what should be discouraged is discussions of the various 'organized religions'."

In the irreducible complexity that our conscious finds for the formation of presumed life here on earth, the farther man finds himself from any organized religion or belief and simply finds a master designer which is necessary for whatever we exist in.

Attachments

• jesus- oh what have i done!!!.jpg
    jesus- oh what have i done!!!.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 404
isn't a holograph a form of energy??

imho, we interact with the physical world and other entities to expand our awareness. if we are energy, this expansion enables us to manipulate this energy to a greater extent.

the more we become self-aware the more we can do.

we are in process, each to their own individual goal. along the way, we assist others and they assist us. perhaps the conciousness of rocks, plants, etc also agree to participate. i got to believe that a chicken, born into a chicken mill, is aware that it will exist briefly to be food.

from another post, earlier, i do not wish to invest time contemplating their conciousness. i have enough trouble understanding and developing my own.

YES, it is very possible that we are the gods of the universes that we create. and once created we release them to do as they see fit.

to me, the physical world is a play ground. we come, play (perhaps for many lives), learn and move on. at times, i feel that we are just now(in linear time) leaving kindergarden.

life is a game to be played, respectfully.

have fun!

Originally posted by olde drunk

isn't a holograph a form of energy??

Einstein says that all particles are interchangeable with energy and vice versa. But does that mean that a hologram is electro-magnetic energy?

imho, we interact with the physical world and other entities to expand our awareness. if we are energy, this expansion enables us to manipulate this energy to a greater extent. the more we become self-aware the more we can do.

In 1982 a remarkable event took place. At the University of Paris a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century. You did not hear about it on the evening news. In fact, unless you are in the habit of reading scientific journals you probably have never even heard Aspect's name, though there are some who believe his discovery may change the face of science.

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since traveling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations.

http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html

we are in process, each to their own individual goal. along the way, we assist others and they assist us. perhaps the conciousness of rocks, plants, etc also agree to participate. i got to believe that a chicken, born into a chicken mill, is aware that it will exist briefly to be food.

I believe that that all the particles in this presupposed universe don't communicate or participate with each other but in reality are a part of a greater Wisdom which comes from an ultimate designer. To really understand what I am saying you should read the short article at the Earth portal site above.

from another post, earlier, i do not wish to invest time contemplating their conciousness. i have enough trouble understanding and developing my own.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...

YES, it is very possible that we are the gods of the universes that we create. and once created we release them to do as they see fit.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. We "EXPERIENCE" but we do not "CREATE" and by definition cannot be gods or sub-deities.

to me, the physical world is a play ground. we come, play (perhaps for many lives), learn and move on. at times, i feel that we are just now(in linear time) leaving kindergarden.

Do you have any reason to believe that the world is our playpen? To believe in reincarnation or that we are in the process of learning (in any linear time) is to me no more than ego-centric thinking.

life is a game to be played, respectfully. have fun!

To me life is neither a game nor for playing. Although we are allowed to experience existence, I believe that we are here for a very different reason. A reason that no one on this dimensional plane can understand with any degree of certainty.

This, says Bohm, is precisely what is going on between the subatomic particles in Aspect's experiment. According to Bohm, the apparent faster-than-light connection between subatomic particles is really telling us that there is a deeper level of reality we are not privy to, a more complex dimension beyond our own that is analogous to the aquarium. And, he adds, we view objects such as subatomic particles as separate from one another because we are seeing only a portion of their reality.

Such particles are not separate "parts", but facets of a deeper and more underlying unity that is ultimately as holographic and indivisible as the previously mentioned rose. And since everything in physical reality is comprised of these "eidolons", the universe is itself a projection, a hologram.

In addition to its phantomlike nature, such a universe would possesses other rather startling features. If the apparent separateness of subatomic particles is illusory, it means that at a deeper level of reality all things in the universe are infinitely interconnected. The electrons in a carbon atom in the human brain are connected to the subatomic particles that comprise every salmon that swims, every heart that beats, and every star that shimmers in the sky. Everything interpenetrates everything, and although human nature may seek to categorize and pigeonhole and subdivide, the various phenomena of the universe, all apportionments are of necessity artificial and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web.

In a holographic universe, even time and space could no longer be viewed as fundamentals. Because concepts such as location break down in a universe in which nothing is truly separate from anything else, time and three-dimensional space, like the images of the fish on the TV monitors, would also have to be viewed as projections of this deeper order. At its deeper level reality is a sort of superhologram in which the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. This suggests that given the proper tools it might even be possible to someday reach into the superholographic level of reality and pluck out scenes from the long-forgotten past. What else the superhologram contains is an open-ended question. Allowing, for the sake of argument, that the superhologram is the matrix that has given birth to everything in our universe, at the very least it contains every subatomic particle that has been or will be -- every configuration of matter and energy that is possible, from snowflakes to quasars, from blue whales to gamma rays. It must be seen as a sort of cosmic storehouse of "All That Is."

oh boy!

let's debate! i believe that we are in constant communication with and within the universe! how else can we explain those particles at opposite ends of the universe 'immediately' changing spin or charge to accommodate a change in the other?

who has greater wisdom FOR YOU, than you? yes, it would be reassuring to have a god-figure there to guide and protect. but a true god would have to cut the apron strings at some point. we call that good parenting where i come from. i would give my right arm to protect my children from the risks of the world. but guess what? I CAN'T PROTECT THEM! in fact, i might be cheating them of their opportunity to grow and learn. nah, if i can think of this on the human level, I'm sure a god would on a cosmic level. s/he/it has turned us loose, with love and guidance and whatever else we might need to explore the universe.

here goes, we 'create' the experiences we have. our imagination creates new worlds and i suspect that those worlds create new worlds. within this context, the word 'universe' seems limiting. we and our worlds are infinite. also, i do believe that we create all of our reality. we hold certain beliefs, and psychically send these thoughts out to those that are sharing Earth at this time. we attract those that want to play with those thoughts, and we are attracted to them. now together we all create our 'mass reality'. most of us get lost trying visualize our individual mind/conciousness bringing together all the atoms and molecules necessary to make a brick. i don't think we know enough, yet, to understand how we do create that brick, but we each do(imho).

i have tried the serious, heavy view of the world. i didn't enjoy it. every thought and/or decision became more important than the last. believing that i create my reality/experience would have driven me crazy (no comments please). so, logically, i decided to have the ultimate confidence in myself that no matter what decision i made, it was the best one. this removed the need to worry over my next thought and led to a lighthearted view of playing at life. do not get me wrong, i am not a dillitant(sp?). i have values and beliefs, but they are like my clothes, when they no longer fit or get uncomfortable, i change.

the experience that i have gives me the information on how these views are working for me. hey, I'm only here for short time, may as well have fun!

isn't it egocentric to believe that our life has a greater purpose/meaning?? why can't we just be here to expand our individual conciousness in our own simple, individual way??

let's play!

isn't it egocentric to believe that our life has a greater purpose/meaning?? why can't we just be here to expand our individual conciousness in our own simple, individual way??

You are a strange little man

I have not the time enough to speak my thoughts of the other things you said bu the paragraph in the quote was too interesting to neglect. It is not, in my humble opinion, egocentric to believe there is a greater purpose for the existence of Men. This belief if, I feel, a desperate idea we cling to with our hearts, fists and flesh. If there would be a reason, that reason must have been to oppose something, to develop something for a "final". And if there would be a final, there would be an end to it. Then again, supporting the idea of a purpose of our existence depends on whether you believe in eternity or finity. For if there was a climax and an ending to this purpose, finity would exist. I hope that was not way off the mark for the debate you asked for. A rather long digression, but I am open for other views.

GREAT TO DEBATE

let's debate! i believe that we are in constant communication with and within the universe! how else can we explain those particles at opposite ends of the universe 'immediately' changing spin or charge to accommodate a change in the other?

The problem is that this concept remains theory. Unless you have access to experimentation that definitively proves particles simultaneously communicate across the universe, it remains unknown.

who has greater wisdom FOR YOU, than you?

I really don't know...

yes, it would be reassuring to have a god-figure there to guide and protect. but a true god would have to cut the apron strings at some point. we call that good parenting where i come from.

WHY would you think that a master Creator has to do anything that we humans believe should be?

i would give my right arm to protect my children from the risks of the world. but guess what? I CAN'T PROTECT THEM!

Are you a master Creator of all things with independent unknowable Wisdom?

in fact, i might be cheating them of their opportunity to grow and learn. nah, if i can think of this on the human level, I'm sure a god would on a cosmic level. s/he/it has turned us loose, with love and guidance and whatever else we might need to explore the universe.

Correct... Why must we be children of a master Creator? If you were able to create complex thinking organisms from your vantage point, would these organisms be your kids and would you want the best for them? If humans had infinite Wisdom, we would most certainly be gods but believe me, we do not...

here goes, we 'create' the experiences we have. our imagination creates new worlds and i suspect that those worlds create new worlds. within this context, the word 'universe' seems limiting. we and our worlds are infinite. also, i do believe that we create all of our reality. we hold certain beliefs, and psychically send these thoughts out to those that are sharing Earth at this time. we attract those that want to play with those thoughts, and we are attracted to them. now together we all create our 'mass reality'. most of us get lost trying visualize our individual mind/conciousness bringing together all the atoms and molecules necessary to make a brick. i don't think we know enough, yet, to understand how we do create that brick, but we each do(imho).

Which new worlds did we create in or with our imagination?

Here is the old chicken and egg conundrum. We live in a dimension where we perceive time, space, gravity, emotions and everything our senses assumes exist. Did we create ourselves out of nothing or from our imagination? Could there be timelessness with a master Creator who has always existed in this singularity with total Wisdom. (Just like the particles that we find to have their own innate wisdom.) We create bricks and Mars Landers but did we do that because we are all knowing? I don't think so.

i have tried the serious, heavy view of the world. i didn't enjoy it. every thought and/or decision became more important than the last. believing that i create my reality/experience would have driven me crazy (no comments please). so, logically, i decided to have the ultimate confidence in myself that no matter what decision i made, it was the best one. this removed the need to worry over my next thought and led to a lighthearted view of playing at life. do not get me wrong, i am not a dillitant(sp?). i have values and beliefs, but they are like my clothes, when they no longer fit or get uncomfortable, i change.

We all make decisions or choices in our short Earth time perception. We are now given a set of precepts or guidelines that like a roadmap allow us to turn to the right or left, up or down in our own conscious choices.

Unfortunately, the choices we make are usually those paths of least resistance which may not be the choice we should choose. I do not feel that the universe revolves around me but innately understand that there is irreducible complexity in our bodies and the universe around us. I cannot make the molecules in my DNA line up and bind correctly or use enzymes to direct the splicing of segments of the gene to create new life. I cannot find that particles of irreducible complexity across the universe can communicate ex nihilo.

the experience that i have gives me the information on how these views are working for me. hey, I'm only here for short time, may as well have fun!

You are speaking of Hedonism. I'm not so sure we are ultimately in this dimension for pure self-pleasure.

You might say that it is egocentric to think that we are here for fun and pleasure. And that as long as we are here, why not just take whatever you want from your neighbor, kill him at your own whim, rape his wife because they are there or in the opposite, lead this short life for the betterment of all.

let's go!

silly

to suggest that hedonism or playing at life gives license to raping and killing is ludicrous.

back to our original topic. imho, there is no master creator or greater wisdom for us to reach.

whenever i suspect that there is a 'greater purpose' to our lives i remind myself of my logical conclusions on the subject. i think about an individual born into the outback of china, africa or whatever. he grows up as a peasant, working the fields with his family. ironically, he is a happy person because he grows good crops, his family is sheltered, fed and cared for. he takes supreme joy in talking to his animals and crops, he thanks them for sharing their existence with him and his. he respects their roles and provides for them almost religiously.

now, this poor, ignorant man, never hears of buddha, plato, christ, mohamed or any of the great minds of the world. he simply accepts his role in the universe, accepts his reality and is happy. NOW, why would a god create such a situation if we have a 'greater purpose'? why should we think that (in the grand scheme of things) that being super educated and/or a world leader is more important than being that peasant? these other roles improve society, but what do they do within the broader reality? does anyone truly believe that einstein deserves a better place in the universe than themselves? god forbid i should suggest that even jesus is not more deserving than that peasant (if there were afterlife rewards).

that's my logical progression to satify all my questions about what really is happening. i create my reality and experience. i am here to experience a physical existence and expand my awareness and/or conciousness.

actually, i envy that peasant. i wonder, is it his first or last life on earth??

to suggest that hedonism or playing at life gives license to raping and killing is ludicrous.

Hedonism, olde drunk, is living solely for self gratification with no precepts to live by. You said:
hey, I'm only here for short time, may as well have fun!

back to our original topic. imho, there is no master creator or greater wisdom for us to reach.

It is reassuring to know that you are certain that there is no master Creator. Why I could have gone on for the remainder of my life just in amazement at the miraculous impossibly constructed world we live in and now with your certain assurance that all this irreducible complexity simply arose out of evolutionary chaos.

whenever i suspect that there is a 'greater purpose' to our lives i remind myself of my logical conclusions on the subject. i think about an individual born into the outback of china, africa or whatever. he grows up as a peasant, working the fields with his family. ironically, he is a happy person because he grows good crops, his family is sheltered, fed and cared for. he takes supreme joy in talking to his animals and crops, he thanks them for sharing their existence with him and his. he respects their roles and provides for them almost religiously.

It is nice to personally comprehend with all certainty that some are born into a world of plenty and pleasure while others are born into poverty and pain. As you say, a child born into slavery, pain or cancer must ironically also be a happy carefree human. Ultimately with this unambiguous understanding that no great imponderable purpose exists to our lives, time or place then we can just kick-back and enjoy a nice ride.

I wish I could be as certain...

Now, this poor, ignorant man, never hears of buddha, plato, christ, mohamed or any of the great minds of the world. he simply accepts his role in the universe, accepts his reality and is happy. NOW, why would a god create such a situation if we have a 'greater purpose'? why should we think that (in the grand scheme of things) that being super educated and/or a world leader is more important than being that peasant? these other roles improve society, but what do they do within the broader reality? does anyone truly believe that einstein deserves a better place in the universe than themselves? god forbid i should suggest that even jesus is not more deserving than that peasant (if there were afterlife rewards).

There just might be a purpose to our lives (no matter the circumstance) or the reason that eagles soar over mountains or a beetle is born or our sun which releases just enough energy to keep us warm instead of having a degree or two to much or to little which would burn us to a cinder or a world of ice. What does anyone deserve or not deserve in world of pleasure and pain? How much ultimate reward do you deserve or will you just go out like a flame?

There are only a few of us who truly know the answers to these enigmas.

that's my logical progression to satify all my questions about what really is happening. i create my reality and experience. i am here to experience a physical existence and expand my awareness and/or conciousness.

Yes the universe does truly revolve around you in your sole knowledge of your reality and experience.

actually, i envy that peasant. i wonder, is it his first or last life on earth??

I believe that it is his first and only trek through this massive hologram in which we each perceive our own consciousness as we assume it exists.

How it is:?

i believe that we are in constant communication with and within the universe! how else can we explain those particles at opposite ends of the universe 'immediately' changing spin or charge to accommodate a change in the other?

The fact of the matter is QM does not explain this phenomenon. There seems to be something more. There are four current interpretations of how QM works, all four have a part to play and each has something to say about the bizarre micro world. None is complete or total in its explanation. There are others. Mine is not of them but part of them.
01=The Copenhagan intrepretation
02=The Stochastic-Ensemble Interpretation
03=Everets Many worlds
04=Hidden Variable Intrepretation
If you want to read a great book to lead you up to your own choice of how it is.
Read>The physics of consciousness by Evan Harris Walker
ISBN O-7382-0436-6
In my humble opinion this book might lead you in the right direction.

reply 1

Onycho – let’s break this down into smaller pieces.
In my world hedonism is the simple pursuit of doing things that are pleasant. No where do most dictionaries or I say, without regard to precepts. If it’s enjoyable, do it! If it ain’t, STOP!

nothing mystical, just a simple view of living and coexisting with my fellowman. i do not like to hurt others, ergo i don't do it.

back to views on reality in the next post.

peace,

chaos

/I/onycho-It is reassuring to know that you are certain that there is no master Creator. Why I could have gone on for the remainder of my life just in amazement at the miraculous impossibly constructed world we live in and now with your certain assurance that all this irreducible complexity simply arose out of evolutionary chaos./I/

oldedrunk - I usually say 'imho' - meaning that after much exploration, I have found what works for me. There was a creation, who or what is the creator, is basically unimportant to me since all of traditional explanations fail any test of logic. imho- it is the/a gestalt of all consciousness. Almost like a message center trading, enhancing, and creating information for all of us to accept/reject and play with. It maybe a higher level of consciousness, but without rules or commandments. Society created most rules of behavior. They may have come from a higher source as an aide for civilization, but they are no required.

Yes, the world is miraculous! I also believe that it is a playground and not a temple or church.

Isn’t it amazing that this started as a question about reality being influenced by our assumptions. There is a perfect example. I also doubt that there was chaos at the beginning. Some would postulate that there is chaos now. Trying viewing your universe without time and space.

I also suspect that as you and I look at Michelangelo’s Pieta’, we may see two totally independent statues. That’s for scientists to pursue.

peace,

Onycho – let’s break this down into smaller pieces.
In my world hedonism is the simple pursuit of doing things that are pleasant. No where do most dictionaries or I say, without regard to precepts. If it’s enjoyable, do it! If it ain’t, STOP!

nothing mystical, just a simple view of living and coexisting with my fellowman. i do not like to hurt others, ergo i don't do it.

back to views on reality in the next post.

peace,

Your definition of hedonism is very interesting. You say, "if it's enjoyable, do it! If it ain't, STOP!"

So in effect it seems that you are saying that if you are living a life of self pleasure, then go for it but you also choose to make up your own rules about the appropriate ways to treat your fellowman.

What did the hedonist do before there were rules or precepts to coexist with your fellowman and not to hurt others? What would you have done without these rules we now live by under our system of law and justice? Would you come to them by your own intellect?

oldedrunk - I usually say 'imho' - meaning that after much exploration, I have found what works for me. There was a creation, who or what is the creator, is basically unimportant to me since all of traditional explanations fail any test of logic.

Do you mean that by your own human logic and olde drunk human explanation there can be no room for consideration of a Creator? If there is no logic or reasonable explanation to our senses that we live in a world of molecules, hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, etc which we cannot see or feel, they therefore do not exist. If I can't see the atmosphere or subatomic particles with my eyes, obviously there is no need for understanding that they fail my test of logic and explanation.

imho- it is the/a gestalt of all consciousness. Almost like a message center trading, enhancing, and creating information for all of us to accept/reject and play with. It maybe a higher level of consciousness, but without rules or commandments. Society created most rules of behavior. They may have come from a higher source as an aide for civilization, but they are no required.

So, if there might be a higher source to give guidelines for civilization, they are not really required.. If we look back into history before these guideline/rules, mankind lived for the most part by instinct resulting in beastiality and total loss of experiencing others pains or damage that actions directed against them based on our own pleasure. You now have the privilege to live a life of pleasure but taking into account your own feelings for your fellowman. Very nice indeed.

"Yes, the world is miraculous! I also believe that it is a playground and not a temple or church."

I never said that the world needed a temple or church for the miraculous nature of the universe or our world to function.

Isn’t it amazing that this started as a question about reality being influenced by our assumptions. There is a perfect example. I also doubt that there was chaos at the beginning. Some would postulate that there is chaos now. Trying viewing your universe without time and space.

Reality before the Big Bang is unknown. You doubt that chaos existed in the events following the Big Bank, so things were either always formed perfectly or there was a pin point start of all energy to particles in a perfectly smooth non-chaotic event. Where you aware of the fact that just a little bit more or less of that energy and heat would have resulted in a universe of nothing in a flux?

For our finite minds, visualizing a universe without time or space is not only difficult but downright impossible. That does not mean this event is not possible because it doesn't fit into our human logic or explanation to our own satisfaction. I can visualize that we now exist in a dimension without time or space but that is just me.

I also suspect that as you and I look at Michelangelo’s Pieta’, we may see two totally independent statues. That’s for scientists to pursue.

Do we really see Michelangelos's Pieta or do we assume we see it? What if it does not exist in reality as Michaelangelo was nothing more than a part of the same hologram that we visualize in a void?

This is not for scientists but really for metaphyics and theology.

May the Force be with you...

is it or isn't it real?

i'm getting confused. you refer to the beauty of our world, and all its physical components. then you refer to it being an illusion.

may i rephrase?

our world is an illusion that we experience as real and have chosen to deal with it as real.

from that persecptive, the world is always as perfect as it should be, at any given moment in time. this is so because we can enter an illusion at anytime to experience anything we choose. the world is perfect because it is providing what we want.

i can not and do not dispute that. i simply do not need an explanation for the universe that spawned our universe. as you can see from my previous paragraph, i explain my basis for reincarnation. our greater self(soul?) is out there deciding which lifetime thread(s) to experience within the illusion or whatever.

if we choose our experience, doesn't it follow that we also we see the world according to our assumptions(beliefs)?

if the world is an illusion why be concerned about the inequity between the rich/poor, healthy/lame?? it is only an illusion.

next phase, did they each choose their individual experience? isn't this more acceptable than having a greater power inflict experience on a being within this framework??

we are all equal. there is no greater or lesser experience. we are here to expand our consciousness however we choose. moreover, once we accept responsibility for our reality, we also realize that we have the ability to change an undesirable experience into a productive positive accomplishment.

we might even enjoy the process and have fun.

peace,

REAL ILLUSION FOR FREEWILL

i'm getting confused. you refer to the beauty of our world, and all its physical components. then you refer to it being an illusion.
may i rephrase?
our world is an illusion that we experience as real and have chosen to deal with it as real.

May I rephrase your last statement? Our collective consciousness experiences 'things' but we do not choose to deal with it as real as the giant holograph is designed to be accepted as reality by the observers.

from that persecptive, the world is always as perfect as it should be, at any given moment in time. this is so because we can enter an illusion at anytime to experience anything we choose. the world is perfect because it is providing what we want.

Again I do not believe that we can choose to experience anything. If you tell your friend that he and you are not really solid living beings in a physical world, he will think you are crazy. We see only the beauty in the Designers hologram which is divisible by each individual's perspective but I do not believe that our world is any way perfect as for many it provides only pain, suffering, hunger and death.

Can you choose to become a despotic ruler or a Budda simply because you feel like changing your perspective?

i can not and do not dispute that. i simply do not need an explanation for the universe that spawned our universe. as you can see from my previous paragraph, i explain my basis for reincarnation. our greater self(soul?) is out there deciding which lifetime thread(s) to experience within the illusion or whatever.

Your above statement is a perfect example of your free will's choice. You say that you do not need an explanation for the basis of existence experience or the Creator whose Wisdom is unknowable. How do you come to the conclusion that you can decide which life tract or thread to experience for yourself? I admit that my conclusions are based on my own opinions and have no signed document validating my constructs. I also do not accept the concept of reincarnation as most (even Buddhists) humans think of his own reality.

if we choose our experience, doesn't it follow that we also we see the world according to our assumptions(beliefs)?

Ibid

if the world is an illusion why be concerned about the inequity between the rich/poor, healthy/lame?? it is only an illusion.

You ask why we need be concerned about the poor, the ill, the sick, the hunger or the death of our fellow travelers in this illusion? I believe our individual concern for others is our sole reason for existence, as our essence's existence in this giant dimensional holograph. We are being given the chance to mold and strengthen our 'free will' toward a difficult path in our presumed reality to assist in the continuous creation of 'good' rather than 'evil' in this holographic image. Our concern for our fellow suffering travelers is the goal and not self-gratification and enjoyment while others are in pain.

next phase, did they each choose their individual experience?

I believe that no one chooses their own experiences as outlined above.

isn't this more acceptable than having a greater power inflict experience on a being within this framework??

Not at all. The chance to follow the path of righteousness and goodness is likened to the hardening of metal in a cauldron. Our essence becomes greater and more like the Creator wants his creations (us) to become.

we are all equal.

We are not talking about the American Constitution where all men are said to be created equal. A child born with terminal cancer or a dying AIDS inflicted woman in Somalia is not given an equal status as you or me.

there is no greater or lesser experience. we are here to expand our consciousness however we choose. moreover, once we accept responsibility for our reality, we also realize that we have the ability to change an undesirable experience into a productive positive accomplishment.

Really? Do you believe that each of us realizes that we have the ability to change undersirable experiences or other lives in a more productive or positive accomplishment? If that were the case, the whole of humanity would be altruistic instead of indulging in self pleasure and gratification while those around us cry out in need and pain.

we might even enjoy the process and have fun.

That is up to you and your free will choice in this realm of illusion and pain.

peace, [/B][/QUOTE]

after many, many years of thinking and sorting information i reached my conclusions because they were logical, explained my past experiences and were worthwhile tools for creating my present and future. in fact, dealing with probable pasts and furures led me to the quantum information. i have no difficulty understanding that this present is a product of one particular probable past and one probable future.

let me explain. being born into a dire family situation and raised catholic, i found little that explained why or gave me hope, other than prayer. after a failed romance, she was a fundamentalist baptist, what hope did we have, i began looking for information, explanations, philosophies, whatever that would give me a handle on what the hell was going on in this world. i will admit that being born again for a period was rewarding. unfortunately, this too failed the test of time.

so, when i accepted simultaneous-time and reincarnation as a basis, i was amazed at how things came together. i accepted full responsibity for being born into a bad situation, i didn't ask why. (the "why" can be addressed later.) i immediately became enpowered to make changes. thinking that a god had imposed these conditions was depressing. that actually causes despair (which might explain suicidal terrorism).

through experience, i have proven, to my satisfaction, that believing that i am the god of my individual universe, works. i accept and continue to create my reality. and, believing that it can be a happy or serious trip, i choose happy.

is the greater universe a hologram? another universe? another demension? i do not know, today. if it ever becomes important, i am confident that i can look within for a clue, if not the answer. i am the master of my fate and fear no god(s). see, no lightning bolt!

peace,

Last edited:

after many, many years of thinking and sorting information i reached my conclusions because they were logical, explained my past experiences and were worthwhile tools for creating my present and future. in fact, dealing with probable pasts and furures led me to the quantum information. i have no difficulty understanding that this present is a product of one particular probable past and one probable future.

Your history is sad but seemingly productive considering that you know have looked and found your way of dealing with your own reality.

I must respectfully disagree with your "logical" assessment of your past, present and future which you say are a product of only one 'probable' path to each time reference.

In my long search for knowledge, I have found that there are many paths to take in each persons short time span in this virtual reality.

so, when i accepted simultaneous-time and reincarnation as a basis, i was amazed at how things came together. i accepted full responsibity for being born into a bad situation, i didn't ask why.

I feel great sadness in your words which have led you to accept responsibility for being born into an arbitrarily bad situation. Finding solace in logic of simultaneous-time and reincarnation as the answer which gives you comfort and almost leading to suicidal despair is understandable But sadly you didn't find any reason to ask why you chose the path which you found to bring things together.

The seeking of your chosen path based on your self described subjective history in your experiences has led your thought process to find yourself using your own human logic.

through experience, i have proven, to my satisfaction, that believing that i am the god of my individual universe, works. i accept and continue to create my reality. and, believing that it can be a happy or serious trip, i choose happy.

With a more objective comprehension of your background, your personal choices seem more understandable. But happiness comes in many forms and by many routes. At least in my opinion you’re a deity in a very small universe.

is the greater universe a hologram? another universe? another demension? i do not know, today. if it ever becomes important, i am confident that i can look within for a clue, if not the answer. i am the master of my fate and fear no god(s). see, no lightning bolt!

At least you are the master of your fate for the time being but in the end, you will also know the ultimate truth of existence which may not be exactly as you have imagined.

onycho:
I feel great sadness in your words which have led you to accept responsibility for being born into an arbitrarily bad situation. Finding solace in logic of simultaneous-time and reincarnation as the answer which gives you comfort and almost leading to suicidal despair is understandable But sadly you didn't find any reason to ask why you chose the path which you found to bring things together.

drunk:
there was and is no sadness, there was a relief. now i have the power of the present to change the future! i have not invested time trying to figure why my greater self chose the circumstances of birth. i can debrief after death. should it become important, i am confident that i could/would get the message from within me.

perhaps i needed that situation to open my consciousness and create motivation to explore and question reality. that alone would be ample reason.

our paths are many, like a plate of spaghetti. all probable paths are before us.

let's make that angel hair since more probable threads(paths) will exist. my experience begins at one end of a strand of pasta. it intertwines, overlaps, goes over, under and merges with other paths. this is how we continually have the power to change our future, we move from one strand(path) to another as they come together in our present.

now, the great leap for us will be when we can change our paths that are not contiguous or proximate.

'be like a leaf in a moving stream. accept your experience, do not fight the current, use it to your advantage'.

If it might be so,that the universe is a hologram. It would hold consequence for those who lived in it, and so have a purpose. A mind would have access to all the present and past but not the future. Nothing could be thought that is not part of the hologram. Every choice or free will decision made, by the thinker, would be important as it would affect other thoughts and everything else inside the hologram. A hologram would have a holomovement to form a purpose by free will decisions. The purpose would change over holotime by free will decisions and have a direction. If all thought is interconnected, we have a great responsibility to others in what we think. One compassionate thought might make the butterfly move its wings and create not a tornado in Kansas but free the world of hunger thirst and pain. So maybe you are very important.

Originally posted by Rader
If it might be so,that the universe is a hologram.
A hologram would included that everything is inside you. That's to much imo. I can tell you ... there is no Saddam or GWBush in me. We are spacetime connected but in a unharmonic way.
A type of building up on spacetime like the building up in holography on the plate may be OK. We are restructured part of the spacetime layer.
People claiming a hologramic universe don't provide a mechanism, it's one of the possiblities.

hologram

Originally posted by pelastration
A hologram would included that everything is inside you. That's to much imo. I can tell you ... there is no Saddam or GWBush in me. We are spacetime connected but in a unharmonic way.
A type of building up on spacetime like the building up in holography on the plate may be OK. We are restructured part of the spacetime layer.
People claiming a hologramic universe don't provide a mechanism, it's one of the possiblities.

pelastration, I would have to rearrange your statemet. A hologram would include us as a part of it. Each of our parts would contain the hologram in it. I do not like to admit it either but we have good and bad in us all. Think what Saddam or GWBush could have done with all the power they did and do posess. If i was Georges adviser i would whisper in his ear. To get re-elected it would be better to declar a war on hunger in the world and then invite everyone to go to Mars. You have seen my posts and my position has not changed much. The mechanism is consciousness. Consciusness connects to the physical world, on all levels of evolution in this holgraphic illusion by means of the v vector as the physical constuct. Anyway i do not claim anything except for myself. For its only me that i have to satisfy. I am almost convinced that we all know the way it is, its just that we explain it the way it appears to us.

Originally posted by Rader
pelastration, I would have to rearrange your statemet. A hologram would include us as a part of it.
... The mechanism is consciousness. Consciusness connects to the physical world, on all levels of evolution in this holgraphic illusion by means of the v vector as the physical constuct.
Rader ... don't tell me the name of that mechanism ... tell me how it works. . I want to rebuild it ... not talking about it in semanitic or theoretic values. The 'real' thing you know ... :wink:

A hologram would included that everything is inside you. That's to much imo. I can tell you ... there is no Saddam or GWBush in me.

Acutally you have these folks in you. Even in our physical universe there is Saddam, G W Bush and Cleopatra in you. The same particles they shed from their physical bodies become part of our environment forever and you breath them in making you a part of all present and past humanity.

We are spacetime connected but in a unharmonic way.

Unharmonic way? The background residue noise (harmonics) of the Big Bang connects with our time, space and matter.

A type of building up on spacetime like the building up in holography on the plate may be OK. We are restructured part of the spacetime layer. People claiming a hologramic universe don't provide a mechanism, it's one of the possiblities.

How can you prove your hypothesis of universe layered spacetime other than your site?

Originally posted by onycho

A hologram would included that everything is inside you. That's to much imo. I can tell you ... there is no Saddam or GWBush in me.

Acutally you have these folks in you. Even in our physical universe there is Saddam, G W Bush and Cleopatra in you. The same particles they shed from their physical bodies become part of our environment forever and you breath them in making you a part of all present and past humanity.
No ... no Saddam or GW Bush inside me.
Connectable yes.
All braced on the membrane. Not holographic ... but holonistic.
Vibrations can be conducted over the membrane.
Fully incorporated everything (hologram) in every spot would be a huge lost of energy.
The cosmos takes only the minimum of energy.

We are spacetime connected but in a unharmonic way.

Unharmonic way? The background residue noise (harmonics) of the Big Bang connects with our time, space and matter.
Nay.
We are transmitters and receivers. We 'recognize' the resonant vibrations. We 'reject' dissonant vibrations. Others vibrations we are not capable to notice due the difference in order of magnitude.
Keep it simple. Occam's razor.
We don't communicate through one of the thousands big bangs but due the membrane oscillations.
A big bang may how created 'this' Universe but our communication can go behind that.
It's all inside of you but only by it's parent hyperspace roots.
The AIN, you know?
It's inside you ... but that doesn't mean it's you. We are just small holons.

A type of building up on spacetime like the building up in holography on the plate may be OK. We are restructured part of the spacetime layer. People claiming a hologramic universe don't provide a mechanism, it's one of the possiblities.

How can you prove your hypothesis of universe layered spacetime other than your site?
I show a mechanism. I explain consciousness. I explain life. I explain the creation of Quantum baskets, holons. The same mechanism is on macro and micro level. It shows that the difference between strings and branes is an illusion. It confirm Guth's pocket universes but also Bohm's Implicate Order. It's shows the mechanism for the creation of Yin-Yang. You need more?
I don't refer to an Alphabet or to semantics. I use just one postulate. Is that to much?
Actual science is ruled by 'uncertainty' and string people telling with a proud smile that they don't know what they are talking about. Why does it take such a time to give that solution? Because some of the starting points is wrong. Matter doesn't create gravity ... Matter is gravity.
If you check your own religion I will see that the real essential point is: interconnectivity. That you can call God or G-d. The only way you can express that in scientific terms is GRAVITY. So it can not be teared or cut in pieces ... no intersections ... no mathematical commutativity ... no uncertainty ... no superposition.

I just use straight logic onycho ... no reference to the bible. The bible is just a small spot in time. Just like the Sutra's. Good spots ... but just for a while.

If you know the answer of 'how genderless became duality' - which is the essential question - tell me not in semantics but in an engineering plan. I gave the answer, but it doesn't fit in you semantic alphabet. That explains your fear, but in your hologram system it's already in you together with Saddam, Bush, Blair, Jesus, Madonna, Sting, Picasso, DaVinci, Einstein, M. Jackson, Sharon, Perle ... So don't worry.

Rader ... don't tell me the name of that mechanism ... tell me how it works. . I want to rebuild it ... not talking about it in semanitic or theoretic values. The 'real' thing you know ... :wink:

pelastration By defining what consciousness is, that should be the fist door to enter. It appaears that science has opened that first door. What is on the other side not many want to realize. No matter what we use to define the world we live in, we must use its known variables to take a step further. It appears this is the way.
As a result of this we can assert the following postulate:

01=Consciousness is real but nonphyslcal.
02=Consciousness is connected to physical reality by one physically fundamental construct.
You can read this paper and read the book and you will understand how it is constructed in all its detail.
The physics of consciousness by Evan Harris Walker ISBN 0-7382-0436-6
http://users.erols.com/wcri/CONSCIOUSNESS.html [Broken]
The explanation how consciousness, allows humans to be conscious by measuring in millions of bits, the brains holgrafic ability to allow a electron to tunnel the width of the brain and be in all places at once. On my thread on dreaming i would have hoped someone would have said something but i guess everybody was Chrismas shopping or dreaming. The wake state can be explained by beta and alfa transfer rate of millions of bits and theta and delta a slower rate of bits when we move into the dream state. Beta and alfa waves as i said before that the Ego evolving from the theta and delta from the Id dreaming. It is known that actually we move at all times between all states or at least can when for whatever reason it happens.
It is my assumption and not without fact to back it that if consciousness has its physically fundamental construct the v vector to produce the consciouss state that we humans are aware of, that this same physically fundamental construct the v vector, so does connect all levels of the evolutionary chain. Consciousness peers through each level and each level perceives what it does because of its complexity. An atom is aware of where it is, and how to get married by elecro=magnetic covolant bonding if it so chooses. We humans are aware of being aware, do to our complexity. The human mind is a hologram of high complexity. If you look at this paper and changed n'2 space-time for consciousness your model would be no different to the way i see it.