Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
Originally posted by climbhi
Woohoo, a brand new forum to post in! Just thought it didn't feel quite right without this here. So in the tradition of PF 2.0 ask a stupid "quetion" and get a stupid answer back.

So to begin... How long do you think it takes to reach a 1000 posts in this topic again?

Is a turtle really safer when he withdraws into his shell?
If not, then WHY?
Should a nuclear war happen, how many souls would perish while stopped at a traffic light?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Should the marriage be performed by:
1.) A psychiatrist

2.) An Exorcist

3.) Zooby, the cat.

?
By a practising Doctor, Who has Religious training, that he acquired in his evenings off from Drama University, where he successfully portrayed that most mfamous on characters known to humaity, "The Cat in the Zoob" (Dr. Shooosh I suspect) but only if it is done in the truest form of the Zoobonian traditions that requires the participant Bride/Groom to...well it is Indescribable (you need to see it) so we will save some of the "possible descriptors" till later...

...But right now, we need! to know...Will he?

Originally posted by timejim
Is a turtle really safer when he withdraws into his shell? Well, they really are safer inside there shells so it's a "moot point" question, congrat's!
If not, then WHY? See above
Should a nuclear war happen, how many souls would perish while stopped at a traffic light? What color is the traffic light? you forgot the color of the traffic light!, how the heck can anyone answer any question (like that!) without the color of the traffic light(!) included in the question?
P.S. What's the question?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons ...But right now, we need! to know...Will he?
The answer is contingent upon many factors: the state of the gravity at the time in question, how much helium has been inhaled, who is in office, does it come with corn-on-the-cob or cole slaw, and many other variables uncertain.Let's propose the following scenario: the fruit is polished, everything in SR and GR has been indisputably proven true, Homer's Odessy is lying open on the table at page 167, the butler passed away of a heart attack the night before, but no one realizes it yet, there is no music playing, there's plenty of toilet paper in all the stalls, and three students of Chaos Theory in three separate North American locations simultaneously forget their own E-Mail adresses? What do you suppose?

Let's propose the following scenario: the fruit is polished, everything in SR and GR has been indisputably proven true, Homer's Odessy is lying open on the table at page 167, the butler passed away of a heart attack the night before, but no one realizes it yet, there is no music playing, there's plenty of toilet paper in all the stalls, and three students of Chaos Theory in three separate North American locations simultaneously forget their own E-Mail adresses? What do you suppose?
Well while "sup-posing" I have this tendency to want to lie down, as it is in a supine position that 'posing' is accomplished for the longest duration of the increment of the needed restitutional perception that "Rights" the 'right' that has been not offended at the imposition of the perenial estimation of the lacking nessesity (that wasn't offered) while it's procurement was availed to the awaiting departed inasmuch as it all went really, really well!

Don't cha think?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons Don't cha think?
I do think, yes. Thinking is pretty much all I do. In the past two weeks I have hardly left the Zooby brush shelter at all I have been so busy thinking. I think I should get out more. That seems like something worth thinking about. I'll think about it.Having recently read through the Minnesota Mail Order Bride's hand scrawled autobiographical sketches dispatched by flying messenger monkeys and received by me yesterday I find myself quite touched by her account her sufferings since having contracted MagnaMantisPreditoriality Syndrome, how many fiances she has lost due to post-coital hunger and subsequent anthropophagy, and I wonder if there isn't some way to change her into a furry, cute bunny instead using cutting edge physics and whatever might be lying around the kitchen or garage?

Originally posted by an exuberant (soon to be wed!) ex-hill-erated flambouyant "Devil May Care" atti'tuded ZOOBYSHOE!
Having recently read through the Minnesota Mail Order Bride's hand scrawled autobiographical sketches dispatched by flying messenger monkeys and received by me yesterday I find myself quite touched by her account her sufferings since having contracted MagnaMantisPreditoriality Syndrome, how many fiances she has lost due to post-coital hunger and subsequent anthropophagy, and I wonder if there isn't some way to change her into a furry, cute bunny instead using cutting edge physics and whatever might be lying around the kitchen or garage?
Well, normally I don't advise such things, but (apparently) if you insert a regular barrel pen into the nose, (using it as the passageway for "the probe") and substitute a Robertson screwdriver for "The Probe", you can apparently re-adjust, or reset, the "tuning within" (on some models only!) but the precursory vulgarity that forewarns of the resultant ensuite tells of possibilities in the balancing systems subsystemic systemology, by siesmic inferance from site soundings, so it becomes the old adage "Buyer Bewear"

So, given this turn of events, do you think that the rotation of the twist was torrdially inspired by the revolution of the "Volvo" (the Greek, not the Latin) that as turned upon the wheel that spun the rotating disc towards the circularity of the rotational motions that were turned (to be seen spinning) in the 'round about' manner of rotation that attempted to exit, using the portal that was a connection to the elbow that turned towards the entrance of the exit (therein) in the back of the rear (facing the front) latched to the attachment that was pinned to the document that was stapled to the glued on partition of the interceeding intervention that caused the events that arose from the arisal of the emitting of the emission of emitants emitted, (in an 'E-missionary' position...HUH??) for the purpose of making the injector unite with the ejection systems direct injection process's, that injects a corner into the bend that goes around the right angle towards the point (that isn't pointed!) as per its cause, "having end" in its beginning, well, at the end of the beginning of the other that began whilst ending on a sour notation that rounded up to corner the end that wasn't spun, but spinning, connected and plugged into the receptacle that was receiving the end, of the beginning, that hadn't begun, thereby begging the question, (clearly) what for?

Last edited:
Originally posted by sexual technician and technical sextitian emeritus Mr. Robin Parsons "...thereby begging the question, (clearly) what for?
For begging and questioning, clearly. You can, all you want, but I won't divulge. It's all encoded in gum pressed under table #2 at a cafe in Paris, Le Lapin Dormant, if you're really interested. Tolouse Lautrec once sat at that table. But his feet didn't reach the ground....becomes the old adage "Buyer Bewear"
Meaning what? "If the Zooby Shoe fits, wear it."?

...becomes the old adage "Buyer Bewear"
Meaning what? "If the Zooby Shoe fits, wear it."?
Given the true nature of a Zoobonians foot, removing the W from the word Be Ware becomes the attentive indicator of the requisite wording: "Buyer Beear!"

Well, while waiting where we were, we went west, whipping wipes with "Wild West" wonderment, wonderful?? well, wine went well with western wear, wasn't while we waited, was while we wasted wallpaper's wistful "wastelandscape water well"?...was women who want wantonly? whooshing wonderfully? well, wasn't...who was?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons ...who was?
Hard to say. Written records have been lost, and precious little got encoded into anyone's long term memory to begin with due to ethanol toxicity levels. I understood there was a cat on this excursion but you make no mention of this so who is to be believed?And while out west, did you have the interesting experience of a visit to the graveyard at Old Sidewinder, Nevada, where it is rumored the revenances of those killed in shootouts during the town's heyday as a silver mining center, return at midnight each night to reenact their violent and premature exits from the world's stage?

And while out west, did you have the interesting experience of a visit to the graveyard at Old Sidewinder, Nevada, where it is rumored the revenances of those killed in shootouts during the town's heyday as a silver mining center, return at midnight each night to reenact their violent and premature exits from the world's stage?
Ahummmm (sadly) No.

Pretty Princesses Play Precisely, pretty people play properly, pretty persons play proportionately, pretty playthings play pretensiously, polite persons play personificationally, prosperous people play perfectly, Parsons plays persistently, perhaps plays possibly, "pourfavor" plays pleasingly, perchance? player? (<- DATS DUH QUETION)

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons Pretty Princesses Play Precisely, pretty people play properly, pretty persons play proportionately, pretty playthings play pretensiously, polite persons play personificationally, prosperous people play perfectly, Parsons plays persistently, perhaps plays possibly, "pourfavor" plays pleasingly, perchance? player? (<- DATS DUH QUETION)
Prevenient porposes plunge peripatetically producing preposterous predation pressure, plundering potentially precious plasmodia.

Can cats compute? Do dogs digitalize? May marsupials multiply? Surely, snakes subtract?

Can cats compute? Yup! Do dogs digitalize? Nope! May marsupials multiply? Oh Ya! Surely, snakes subtract? Nope! But they can "subduct"

Can you answer this quetion without responding/replieing to the quetion?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Can you answer this quetion without responding/replieing to the quetion?
On D-Day we dropped dummy soldiers on parachuttes over parts of Europe to confuse the Germans as to where the real invasion would take place.

Can you quetion this answer without quetioning the response/reply?

Can you quetion this answer without quetioning the response/reply?
YUP!..."On D-Day we dropped dummy soldiers on parachuttes over parts of Europe to confuse the Germans as to where the real invasion would take place."

While vactioning in Europe, on D-Day, there were a number of "dummy soldiers" dropped upon our heads (No! not literally!.. your so silly to think that!) and we then ascertained that they were, in fact, and in reality, NOT dummies, (they passed their respective IQ tests with parchuting colors) hence the question is sought, (to be responded to) that was, and had, been asked by the questioner?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons While vactioning in Europe, on D-Day, there were a number of "dummy soldiers" dropped upon our heads (No! not literally!.. your so silly to think that!) and we then ascertained that they were, in fact, and in reality, NOT dummies, (they passed their respective IQ tests with parchuting colors) hence the question is sought, (to be responded to) that was, and had, been asked by the questioner?
The question sought, that was, and had, been asked by the questioner, was: "Who sits in the Cartesian theater?" Think about it. You'll be.What is the acceptable I.Q. score needed to qualify as an enemy-confusing parachutte dummy?

What is the acceptable I.Q. score needed to qualify as an enemy-confusing parachutte dummy?
Reference; See, 'Mr. Robin Parsons'

How is it that a MMB with a Neofeminazi Mantismantra "Cooks her Meat"?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons How is it that a MMB with a Neofeminazi Mantismantra "Cooks her Meat"?
The same way she burns it, only less so.The recent fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field coincided yesterday with a full moon. Could these two factor together to account for the nightmare I suffered in my sleep in which, while trying to eat jello it kept shifting direction paramagnetically whenever I brought the spoon near and which jello kept being bombarded from time to time by what must have been cosmic rays, which left its surface pocked and cratered?

The recent fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field coincided yesterday with a full moon. Could these two factor together to account for the nightmare I suffered in my sleep in which, while trying to eat jello it kept shifting direction paramagnetically whenever I brought the spoon near and which jello kept being bombarded from time to time by what must have been cosmic rays, which left its surface pocked and cratered?
No...

How is it that zoobyshoe experianced this intense nightmare that is, realistically, and "in actuality", an 'out of body' experience that is being generated by the mind of the "One Man Thunk Tank" seredipitously?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons, suddenly parsimonious with his answers
No...

How is it that zoobyshoe experianced this intense nightmare that is, realistically, and "in actuality", an 'out of body' experience that is being generated by the mind of the "One Man Thunk Tank" seredipitously?
It is thus: how, "in actuality", realistically, not experianced, seredipitously. Out or in of body, Jello or nay.Would you like some dressing for your salad speach?

Originally posted by Zoob! (The cat)
Would you like some dressing for your salad speach?
Yes, please a rather 'verbal' one, if it within the range of 'nouns' that you have available to cloth the verbage in a "simps" dress, as to present the vegetable's wordplayings as properly edible...

Think/Thought/thunk that thought thunk thinks thing, thinking thinks thing, thought thunk that there, thunk thought this theoretically, think, thinking thought thunk, thought that theme thought through think, therefore, thought thunk that thought, though think thunk that thought...thinking?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons Think/Thought/thunk that thought thunk thinks thing, thinking thinks thing, thought thunk that there, thunk thought this theoretically, think, thinking thought thunk, thought that theme thought through think, therefore, thought thunk that thought, though think thunk that thought...thinking?
Thinking thertainly throbs thermally though thubstantially thinner than thrilling "thunking". (That thounds thexual.)I recently baked the following adjective from scratch using a recipe I threw together in my spare time: "stermitaceous". Please taste it and decide what its denotation should be.

Originally posted by a petulantly inventive, although not morose, eubulent Zoobyshoe
I recently baked the following adjective from scratch using a recipe I threw together in my spare time: "stermitaceous". Please taste it and decide what its denotation should be.
Stermitaceous: of, or pertaining to, the Stermite period, the time when wild "stermites" ruled the planet, "stermiting" the enemies and friends alike...for further explanations see Stermitisms, Stermitatic, Stermitatisized, Stermiticious, and Stermitisisms...

As one who came from before the Age of the Stermites ("Seven days older then dust" I have been called/labelled) how is it that anyone, or anything, survived the both, horrible, and yet delicious, age?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons As one who came from before the Age of the Stermites ("Seven days older then dust" I have been called/labelled) how is it that anyone, or anything, survived the both, horrible, and yet delicious, age?
Protection during the age of the Stermites was afforded to a very small percentage of life forms by virtue of their being genetically Anstermititic, that is: resistent to being stermitatisized. They were not affected by stermitisms, or stermitisisms, either. Some paleontologists have proposed that frustration at not being able to do anything having the least stermitatic effect on these life forms could in fact be what killed the Stermites off in the end. That, though, is just a theory.Several recent discoveries among the papers of W.A. Mozart have given rise to considerable doubt as to whether he is the true composer of Mozart's unfinished piano quintet, or perhaps quartette, no one can tell, in three and 4/5ths movements, in the key of c# major, which most scholars believe would be the very first piece he ever composed in the 9th year of his life, were it to be authenticated as one of his, but several meaures of the mysteriously separately copied out manuscript of the 2nd violin part are clearly in the hand of the young genius' father, Mr. Mozart, which has people wondering how much of a hand the elder Mozart had in the whole piece to begin with, a possible explanation for why no one in particular can find much musical merit in this piece, authentic or not, but we can't be sure. Who, then, would like more coffee?

Several recent discoveries among the papers of W.A. Mozart have given rise to considerable doubt as to whether he is the true composer of Mozart's unfinished piano quintet, or perhaps quartette, no one can tell, in three and 4/5ths movements, in the key of c# major, which most scholars believe would be the very first piece he ever composed in the 9th year of his life, were it to be authenticated as one of his, but several meaures of the mysteriously separately copied out manuscript of the 2nd violin part are clearly in the hand of the young genius' father, Mr. Mozart, which has people wondering how much of a hand the elder Mozart had in the whole piece to begin with, a possible explanation for why no one in particular can find much musical merit in this piece, authentic or not, but we can't be sure. Who, then, would like more coffee?
Well Stermitetically speaking, I would like more caffeine, but 4/5ths in the key of "C Corporal", would be the only way it could be done, with the Attached 'Codicil of need' of the authentification of the fraud by ways (and means!) of the truest of lie tellers detecting the heinous methodology of impuning the reality of the right of the authorial person'ages to do, what they had done, in the manner that they hadn't done it, to the very realistic reality that actually occurs in reality, sort of like the Fraud who wasn't fraudulent, ergo De Frauded...not to be confus'd with de Freuded, or "in-blottio"!

When a question 'arises', do you 'sit down'? (to coffee?)

When a question 'arises', do you 'sit down'? (to coffee?)
It's funny you should mention the phenomenon of questions arising because it leads me by the most circuitous and circumstantial route imaginable to a story once related by a Polish aviator of my acquaintaince: One night his wife declined saying she had her period. He replied:" Well, if you're going to play the punctuation card, dear, I'll see your period, and raise you an exclamation point!" I'm not sure if he made that up himself or if he read it in a bathroom stall. Recently, in a bathroom stall, I scribbled the following limerick:

"That croc-teasing bloke from down under,
Got quite drunken and started to wonder
If instead of a stick,
He could prod with his d*ck,
Now to pee, he must sit. What a blunder!"

Did I make that up, or is it something a Polish aviator of my acquaintaince once told me after having read it in a bathroom stall?

Recently, in a bathroom stall, I scribbled the following limerick:

"That croc-teasing bloke from down under,
Got quite drunken and started to wonder
If instead of a stick,
He could prod with his d*ck,
Now to pee, he must sit. What a blunder!"

Did I make that up, or is it something a Polish aviator of my acquaintaince once told me after having read it in a bathroom stall?
Well YES! you made it up in a bathroom stall while writting it out on the backside of your assitant Oooops I mean the backside of the John (while still having an enourmous Dump quite the accomplishments in life there young man,you're going to be going places in life) wherein the outlining of it appeared to you in the dreaming state that you are about to experience in about umpteen numerlogically speaking days, the "No" Space so be as prepared as you werein the last venture as to no that it is the "No" and not, no!

While in the "No" space the |d| = 0 where d = dimensionality/space...so tell me how big is it?

as long as a piece of string.

now to quote stereophonics

Is yesterday, tomorrow, today?

Originally posted by jimmy p
Is yesterday, tomorrow, today?
No! Today is yesterdays tomorrow! (old news bud! )

How do you find anything in a "no" space environment?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons How do you find anything in a "no" space environment?
Whenever you set something down, leave a trail of "no" breadcrumbs. For reasons I can't begin to understand, I recently invented the following neologism: "squorcherly". Please, if you would, supply a definition for this adjective, and feel free to designate some fine connotation, as well. Wudja?

For reasons I can't begin to understand, I recently invented the following neologism: "squorcherly". Please, if you would, supply a definition for this adjective, and feel free to designate some fine connotation, as well. Wudja?
Well I (wudyaknow?) tell you that it is really the description of that act of "Squorchering" (which is said to be really really difficult to do) hence we would know that "squorcherly" would be: "someone who was in possession of such a quality of characteristic activities" "A squorcherly Person" "Known to partake in the act of Squorcherings" and then there the Dictionaries definition! but we really don't care about that...now,

...do we?

...do we?
A stermitaceous quetion if ever I heard one.Back before the outbreak of the second World's Fair didn't they used to have a sort of gizmo for that, some sort of thingy type contraption that was well made and sturdy, and had handles?

there is no PF2.

how many times do you flick a lightswitch on and off when you leave a room?

Originally posted by jimmy p
how many times do you flick a lightswitch on and off when you leave a room?
Do you mean a lightswitch I've already read, or an unread one?Have you ever eaten the fortune and read the cookie?

only on thursdays and my horoscope is right!

Is a test-tube babies star sign Pyrex?

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.