How to Convert .4350 into Cubic Centimeters?

In summary, the conversation is about converting a measurement of .4350 into cubic centimeters for a race engine, but the person asking for help is unsure of the current units and needs to contact the manufacturer for clarification.
Zebedee
Hello all:

Can someone please convert .4350 (math is not one of my stronger areas) into cubic centimeters for me? If this is not the right forum, please direct me to where i need to be.

Thanks, "Z."

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

You didn't say what the current units are...

russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

You didn't say what the current units are...

Thank you. I can't say for sure what the current units are. I am assembling a race engine and the piston manufacture provided .4350 as an indicator of material removed from the piston so as to provide room for the valves to open. Ordinarily that number would be provided in cc's. Such as; Valve Pocket Depth is 9.3cc. Unfortunately, the manufacturer did not provide "simple" numbers that I am use to dealing with. I hope this helps.

Maybe it is already in cc's? I would call/email the manufacturer.

Zebedee said:
Thank you. I can't say for sure what the current units are.
Without knowing the original units, it is impossible to convert them to other units. You'll need to ask the manufacturer what units he was using.

Related to How to Convert .4350 into Cubic Centimeters?

1. What is the conversion factor for converting .4350 into cubic centimeters?

The conversion factor for converting .4350 into cubic centimeters is 1 cubic centimeter = 1 milliliter = 0.001 liters.

2. How do I convert .4350 into cubic centimeters?

To convert .4350 into cubic centimeters, simply multiply .4350 by the conversion factor of 1 cubic centimeter = 0.001 liters. This will give you the conversion of 0.4350 cubic centimeters.

3. Is .4350 the same as 4350 cubic centimeters?

No, .4350 is not the same as 4350 cubic centimeters. .4350 is a decimal number, while 4350 cubic centimeters is a larger unit of measurement.

4. Why do we use cubic centimeters as a unit of measurement?

Cubic centimeters are commonly used as a unit of measurement for volume because it is a smaller and more precise unit than liters. It is also easier to use in scientific calculations and experiments.

5. Can I convert .4350 into cubic centimeters without using a calculator?

Yes, you can convert .4350 into cubic centimeters without using a calculator by remembering that 1 cubic centimeter = 1 milliliter = 0.001 liters. You can also use conversion charts or tables to help with the conversion.