How to calculate 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation (3 Cylin

In summary, the conversation is about finding the logic or formula to calculate a 1.5 order wheel torque value from raw data in a .csv file. The speaker is requesting help from the members of a research forum to accomplish this task. They clarify that the forum is for research people and apologize if they used the wrong terminology.
Chethan K S
Hi all,

I have the raw data in .csv file which has Engine speed, wheel torque value and main shaft speed (Please refer to below image - raw data_screen shot)

Raw data Screen shot.JPG

I have to find the logic for the above raw data, to get 1.5 order wheel torque value, which is close to resulted value as attached (Result_1.5 order torque value as shown below).

Result_1.5 order torque value.JPG
I am working on this, I request all members of research gate forum to help me on this to create a logic/formula.

If the above information is not clear enough, please ask me

Many thanks,
CKS

Engineering news on Phys.org
What's a "research gate forum"?

berkeman said:
What's a "research gate forum"?

This forums will be having many research people. So I requested them by saying research group/gate, etc

Sorry if I am wrong

CKS

Related to How to calculate 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation (3 Cylin

1. What is 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation?

1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation refers to the variation in torque output from a vehicle's wheels at a frequency that is 1.5 times the rotational speed of the wheels. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as imbalances in the wheel or drivetrain, uneven tire wear, or engine vibrations.

2. How is 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation calculated?

To calculate 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation, you will need to know the rotational speed of the wheels (in revolutions per minute) and the torque output of the engine (in pound-feet). The formula for calculating 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation is: (1.5 x RPM x Torque) / (60 x 2 x Pi).

3. What are the units of measurement for 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation?

The units of measurement for 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation are pound-feet (lb-ft) or Newton-meters (N-m). These units represent the amount of force exerted on the wheels in a rotational direction.

4. How does 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation affect vehicle performance?

If the 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation is too high, it can cause vibrations and uneven wear on the tires, which can lead to decreased vehicle performance and handling. It can also put strain on the drivetrain and other components, potentially causing damage over time.

5. How can 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation be reduced?

To reduce 1.5 order wheel torque fluctuation, it is important to identify and address the underlying causes. This may involve balancing the wheels, correcting tire wear, or addressing any engine or drivetrain issues. Regular maintenance and proper alignment can also help prevent excessive torque fluctuation.