How Quantum Teleportation work ?

In summary, a Bell measurement is a quantum state that can be used to communicate information between particles.
ngkamsengpeter
I recently read about the quantum teleportation but I don't understand how it work and what theory is is using to explain this phenomenon . Can anyone explain to me what theory it use and how its work ?:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Quantum teleportation is a way to transfer information between different physical systems. This information is embodied by the state of a quantum system, that is a system described by quantum physics. Essential to teleportation is entanglement and interference. The novelty of teleportation is that dual communication channels are used for information transfer. One channel is a quantum channel, established by preparing a pair of entangled particles. Let's label these particles 1 and 2.Subjecting particle 1 and particle 0, i.e. the particle with the information, to a Bell-state measurement , will project the combined state of particles 1 and 2 into one of the four Bell-states. Meanwhile, this measurement will leave particle 2 in a state resembling that of particle 0. However, to complete the teleportation protocol, the result of the measurement must be communicated to the recipient of particle 2, who will necessarily apply a (unitary) transformation to the state of particle 2. Without this last step, which necessitates a classical communication channel, the intended information transferred is unknown to the recipient.The latter requirement of classical communication is also the reason teleportation is said to not permit faster-than-light signaling.Please note that quantum teleportation is not a way to transfer physical systems, but rather the information encoded by those systems.

beautiful1 said:
The novelty of teleportation is that dual communication channels are used for information transfer. One channel is a quantum channel, established by preparing a pair of entangled particles. Let's label these particles 1 and 2.
Subjecting particle 1 and particle 0, i.e. the particle with the information, to a Bell-state measurement , will project the combined state of particles 1 and 2 into one of the four Bell-states. Meanwhile, this measurement will leave particle 2 in a state resembling that of particle 0.
Beautiful,

I really don't think the OP understands what you are trying to say here. You do not explain his question, you are just redirecting the question to "what is a Bell measurement/state" ? You must try to explain this topic in an easy understandable and above all, clear, language. This is very possible.

regards
marlon

edit : the attached worddoc is my own attempt to answer the question.

Last edited:

Related to How Quantum Teleportation work ?

1. How does quantum teleportation work?

Quantum teleportation is a process that uses quantum entanglement to transfer information from one location to another without physically moving the information. This is achieved by encoding the information onto a quantum state and then transferring that state to the destination location using entanglement.

2. What is quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even if they are separated by large distances. This allows for the transfer of information between the particles, making it a key component of quantum teleportation.

3. How is information encoded onto a quantum state?

A quantum state is a representation of the physical properties of a quantum system. Information can be encoded onto a quantum state by manipulating the state of the system, such as changing the spin or polarization of particles. This information can then be transferred to another location using quantum teleportation.

4. Can quantum teleportation be used for faster-than-light communication?

No, quantum teleportation does not allow for faster-than-light communication. The transfer of information is limited by the speed of light and the need for classical communication to complete the teleportation process.

5. What are the potential applications of quantum teleportation?

Quantum teleportation has potential applications in quantum computing, secure communication, and quantum cryptography. It could also be used for long-distance communication between space-based systems, such as satellites.