How Pyrolysis works (step by step process). Need help

In summary, pyrolysis is a chemical process that involves heating organic materials without oxygen to break them down into smaller molecules. The process consists of three main steps: drying, pyrolysis, and char formation. The required temperature for pyrolysis varies depending on the material, but is generally between 400-600 degrees Celsius. The purpose of pyrolysis is waste management, energy production, and the production of valuable byproducts. It is considered a sustainable process due to its ability to reduce waste and produce renewable energy, but its sustainability depends on the materials being processed and the efficiency of the process.
fullmetal_alchemist
I've just looked through different kinds of sites and I can't seem to find any specific answers. I need it for our technical report. If you guys know any links, just quote it here. I just really need your help

Chemistry news on Phys.org
How about books? Have you looked at any?

DrClaude said:
How about books? Have you looked at any?
i don't have any books, also our library didn't have any books about pyrolysis, so, the internet is my only hope

isn't pyrolysis simply an endothermic reaction but without the flames?

Pyrolysis of what? Decomposition reactions come in a variety of "flavors."

Related to How Pyrolysis works (step by step process). Need help

1. How does pyrolysis work?

Pyrolysis is a chemical process that involves heating organic materials, such as wood, in the absence of oxygen. This causes the materials to break down into smaller molecules, such as gases, liquids, and solids.

2. What are the steps involved in pyrolysis?

The pyrolysis process involves three main steps: drying, pyrolysis, and char formation. During drying, the moisture in the organic materials is removed. Then, in the pyrolysis step, the materials are heated to a high temperature, causing them to decompose. Finally, char formation occurs, where the remaining solid materials are converted into charcoal.

3. What temperature is required for pyrolysis to occur?

The temperature required for pyrolysis to occur varies depending on the type of material being processed. Generally, temperatures between 400-600 degrees Celsius are needed for most organic materials, while higher temperatures may be necessary for more complex materials like plastic.

4. What is the purpose of pyrolysis?

Pyrolysis has several purposes, including waste management, energy production, and the production of valuable byproducts. By breaking down organic materials, pyrolysis can reduce the volume of waste and convert it into useful products, such as bio-oil and syngas.

5. Is pyrolysis a sustainable process?

Pyrolysis is considered a sustainable process as it can help reduce waste and produce renewable energy. It also has a low carbon footprint as it does not require the burning of fossil fuels. However, the sustainability of pyrolysis depends on the type of materials being processed and the efficiency of the process.