How much time does it takes to realize you've donate?

• Thread starter fluidistic
  • Start date
In summary, your mother paid for your account upgrade and you should wait a few days for the payment to clear.
fluidistic
Gold Member
Hi,
As I'm quite satisfied by this website I talked to my mother if she could donate 11 euros for this year (I don't have any card so I can't pay by myself). She accepted so that I should be able to get some "extras" I guess. She already paid (today) and I still don't have any changes in my account. Is it normal?

Physics news on Phys.org
fluidistic said:
Hi,
As I'm quite satisfied by this website I talked to my mother if she could donate 11 euros for this year (I don't have any card so I can't pay by myself). She accepted so that I should be able to get some "extras" I guess. She already paid (today) and I still don't have any changes in my account. Is it normal?

You went through the upgrade link?

Greg Bernhardt said:
You went through the upgrade link?
My mother did so (as she told me). I gave her the name of my account and my password. She told me she paid and asked me if it worked.
EDIT: Yeah she went to upgrade and selected the 1 year payment. She were asked informations about the card and finally she paid. She received a mail confirming it was paid. So I guess I just have a wait a few days.

Last edited:
Glad it worked :biggrin:

fluidistic said:

Did you via euro or pound? If so then it does take a few days for it to settle. thanks!

You're welcome. It was with euros and it took about 2 days.
I plan using this forum for all my life. :wink:

fluidistic said:
Thanks for going gold fluidistic! :approve:

fluidistic said:
I plan using this forum for all my life. :wink:

Now you just need a cool avatar to go with your username. Perhaps a large drop of fluid? No, no, wait ... a drop of superfluid!

Hootenanny said:
Thanks for going gold fluidistic! :approve:
That's a pleasure for me.

Redbelly98 said:
Now you just need a cool avatar to go with your username. Perhaps a large drop of fluid? No, no, wait ... a drop of superfluid!
Hehe, thank you. I was wondering what to put and you gave me the idea. Too bad I'm not yet a physicist so that I could take some nice photos of superfluids.
I found that picture on the Internet... it might change with time though. Hope you like it.

https://www.physicsforums.com/customavatars/avatar122352_1.gif

Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on going gold, fluidistic! And I love the new avatar. Nice choice. :approve:

Congrats and very nice avatar!

Thank you all!
I've fallen in love with PF. First time in all my life I've donate for a website.
Just a question : is there a thread or a place where I can read what are all the advantages a donor member has? For example I don't know what is a boolean research and how I can use it.
Thank you once again.

Related to How much time does it takes to realize you've donate?

1. How do I know when my donation has been realized?

Typically, you will receive a confirmation email or receipt from the organization you donated to. This may take a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the organization's process.

2. Does it take longer for larger donations to be realized?

Not necessarily. The time it takes for a donation to be realized depends on the organization's processing time and procedures, not the amount donated.

3. Can I track the status of my donation?

Some organizations may have a tracking system in place, but this is not a common practice. If you have any concerns about your donation, it is best to reach out to the organization directly.

4. What factors can affect the time it takes for a donation to be realized?

The main factors that can affect the time it takes for a donation to be realized are the organization's processing time and any technical difficulties that may occur during the transaction.

5. Is there a standard amount of time for donations to be realized?

No, there is no standard amount of time for donations to be realized as it varies depending on the organization and their processes. However, most organizations try to process donations as quickly as possible.