How Much Heat Energy Can Be Harvested from Sunlight Per Square Meter in the UK?

In summary: IR band, but I'm not sure how much of that band is represented in the total solar irradiance value. This is a long way from the UK, though.In summary, the energy of sunlight per square meter in the UK region can vary depending on the location and environmental conditions. The greatest solar flux recorded is 1120W/m2 in a Hot-Dry environment, but the amount of heat energy that can be harvested from sunlight per m2 is difficult to determine due to the different components of solar irradiance and their efficiency in conversion to heat energy.
What I would like to know if the heat energy we can harvest from a m2 in the UK or on Earth.

The answer depends on the precise location, the time of day, the time of year, what year and the multitude of factors that affect the angle of incidence of the radiation. It also depends on the available technology, which changes from year to year. Finally, if it's profit you're interested in, it depends on the cost of your technology compared to the cost of an equal amount of energy from other sources.

There are thousands of scientists, economists, and ordinary business people working on these issues as you read this. Do you have an approach that they haven't thought of?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
klimatos said:
What I would like to know if the heat energy we can harvest from a m2 in the UK or on Earth.
Your syntax is not correct or obvious here. What exactly are you asking?

Stavros Kiri said:
Your syntax is not correct or obvious here. What exactly are you asking?
This was a quote of the original question and its answer but the two were not distinguished.

bob012345 said:
This was a quote of the original question and its answer but the two were not distinguished.
Ah, ok. Thanks