IIRC Meaning: What Does It Stand For?

• Thread starter Mentat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary: This is starting to turn into an ongoing chain where you name a group of letters and someone trys to figureout what they mean then they make one up amd so on. Originally posted by The Grimmus, this is starting to turn into an ongoing chain where you name a group of letters and someone trys to figureout what they mean then they make one up amd so on. In summary, this is a chain where someone posts an acronym, someone else tries to figure out what it stands for, and then someone else posts another acronym.
Mentat
I have been on the Forums for a long time, and I have seen a lot of acrostics, and abbreviations. But I just can't figure out what IIRC stands for . Can someone tell me please?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If I recall correctly, I believe

"If I Really Cared" or "If It Really Counts"

^Oh I've seen it used as 'If i recall correctly' on other forums [?]

Thanks for the help.

I hate acronyms; why do people not write things out?

Because it TTL (takes too long)!

TTFN!
-LURCH (doesn't stand for anything, it's my username)

LOL, not only did I not know what IIRC stood for, but to make it worse, I have always been really annoyed at not know what TTFN stands for!

TTFN = talk to ..for now...?

thats that for now?

Thats an easy one.

I think you've got a fine arse, so bring her down another knot.

Didn't you ever watch Pooh as a kid?

TTFN

Ta Ta For Now
-tigger

this is starting to turn into an ongoing chain where you name a group of letters and someone trys to figureout what they mean then they make one up amd so on

Originally posted by The Grimmus
this is starting to turn into an ongoing chain where you name a group of letters and someone trys to figureout what they mean then they make one up amd so on

okay here's one: FOL

lol! What does AIFK (or something like that) stand for? I've seen it a lot, but it just doesn't quite click.

AFAIK

As far as I know

Originally posted by climbhi
okay here's one: FOL

Fart Out Loud?

Perhaps, Facts Of Life (this is my real guess, my last one was just a joke, since I couldn't think of any actual answers).

Another REALLY stupid question...

What does MIT stand for?

Originally posted by Mentat
Fart Out Loud?

haha you got it right! too bad you came out later and said you were just joking...

MIT: Massachusets Institute of Technology?

or perhaps in internet speak: my insightful thoughts ?

Originally posted by climbhi
haha you got it right! too bad you came out later and said you were just joking...

MIT: Massachusets Institute of Technology?

or perhaps in internet speak: my insightful thoughts ?

No, no, that was my real answer (yeah right). Didn't you catch the sarcasm, in the post where I denied it (yeah right). How could you have possibly thought that I didn't get the right answer? :wink:

I was going to ask what IDGARA stood for, but I don't think it's appropriate for discussion .

What does IDIC stand for (I really don't know).

What does IDIC stand for?

International Department of Idiot Control?
or maybe
I Do It Constantly?
If that's the case, you'll never see me using the latter. :frown:

that kid is obviously 1337.

Originally posted by kyleb
that kid is obviously 1337.
LOL Kyle! I think only net gamers would understand 1337. (does anyone who doesn't play online games understand it?)

I understand all of the sentence except for the CWOT and FTF...

(PS: Kyle, I only just figured out that your name is most likely 'Kyle. B.' and not 'Ki-leb' )

Please, tell us. What does 1337 mean? (I need more useless factoids to add to my trivia base.)

I can't just give it away like that. The suspense must be built up!

The answer is quite strange to people who haven't had to experience it all the time by dumb ass 1337 gamers...

does anyone who doesn't play online games understand it?
Ha! Kids nowadays, no sense of history. :wink: I was having to read that goddamn h4x0r l33t-5p33|< long before there was a net, and VGA Planets was the coolest thing on the block. Why, when I was your age...

HA! No way!
You serious? Has that crap been around for that long? I thought it was some new retarded invention, and now you are telling me that some moron started using it before my time? hahaha...i feel great releif. The blame won't be put on my generation...

Let me translate:

h4x0r l33t-5p33|< ~ Haxor Leet Speak ~ Hacker Elite Speak

1337 = Leet = Elite = Really good
If someone is a Haxor, it means that they 'Hack' or they have edited files in the game which then allow them to cheat.
And the reference to speak, is just the fact that people like to use numbers and crap in their words to generally annoy everyone. (well, that's what it does for me. I guess some people might think its 'Cool'... ppfftt. My generation is too hip for me..)

533 U a11 1a73r

Shane

I've got another REALLY stupid question: How does one "label" a link (instead of it's just appearing in "http://..." [Broken] format)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Mentat
I've got another REALLY stupid question: How does one "label" a link (instead of it's just appearing in "http://..." [Broken] format)?
In physics forums, or in normal HTML?

IN physics forums, use the button above. First box comes up and asks u for the label, second box comes up and asks you for the URL.

IN HTML: <A http://www.whatever.com>THIS IS YOUR LABEL</A>

Whatever appears between the <A> and the </A> is the label, while u write the address inside the brackets of teh first <A>

Thanks, AG.

That link labelling you are showing is (possibly?) missing the quotation marks that are needed...

IN HTML: <A http://www.whatever.com>THIS IS YOUR LABEL</A> (yours)

needs...

IN HTML: <A="http://www.whatever.com[COLOR=red]"[/COLOR]>THIS [Broken] IS YOUR LABEL</A> and perhaps the ='s sign too?

CWOT = Completely With Out Travel

FTF = ?

Got another stupid question for you guys. What does "SWAG" mean?

People constantly say "here's my SWAG on that", and I don't get it.