What's the Buzz About the New Forums?

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the new forums and the users' opinions on it. One user prefers the old format, while another encourages them to give it time. There is also a discussion about missing forums on special relativity and cosmology, but it is mentioned that it is being worked on and will hopefully be available soon.
Zantra
On the new forums (yes it's true, I have no life):wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I liked the old format more. pooh.

Originally posted by hypnagogue
I think I liked the old format more. pooh.

Give it time :smile:

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Give it time :smile:

It looks great Greg!

Great. I wonder where have to go the threads about special relativity

I also miss a forum about cosmology

It's an adjustment

Originally posted by meteor
I also miss a forum about cosmology

That is a glitch which Greg is working on fixing. It will hopefully be up shortly.

It's up now in the astronomy section.

What is a "First Post"?

A "First Post" refers to the first message or post made by a user on a forum or social media platform.

Why is a "First Post" important?

A "First Post" is important because it introduces the user to the community and sets the tone for their future interactions. It is also a way for the user to share their interests and introduce themselves to others.

How do you make a "First Post"?

To make a "First Post", you first need to create an account on the platform. Then, find the forum or group you want to post in and click on the "New Post" or "Create" button. Type in your message or content and hit submit.

What should you include in a "First Post"?

In a "First Post", you should include a brief introduction of yourself, your interests, and why you joined the community. You can also ask questions or share something interesting to start a conversation with other users.

Is it necessary to make a "First Post"?

No, it is not necessary to make a "First Post", but it is recommended. It allows you to connect with the community and engage in conversations with other users. However, some platforms may have rules or guidelines that require users to make a "First Post".