How many "C" does it take to balance one "A"?

• Thread starter MarianKh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Balance
In summary, the conversation discusses the problem of balancing letters in a precalc math question. The balance is represented by A, B, and C, with 5 "A"s being equivalent to 3 "B"s and 1 "B" being equivalent to 1 "A" and 2 "C"s. The question is how many "C"s are needed to balance 1 "A". The conversation also includes additional questions and equations related to a ladder leaning against a wall.
MarianKh
A A A A A B B B B A C C
------------- ------------ -------- ---------
l l l l
__________________ ____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Give us a hint: What are you talking about? Is this a physics question? What do the letters represent?

I tried to make the picture look better, but I can't get it to work. If you hit quote (or edit) on his post, then you can see what he means.

Doesn't look like a physics question to me though, probably more like a precalc math question.

MarianKh; can you write an equation for each balance?

MarianKh said:

A A A A A B B B B A C C
------------- ------------ -------- ---------
l l l l
__________________ ____________
Thanks for suggesting "quote", Cristo.

In other words, 5 "A"s is equivalent to (balances) 3 "B"s and 1 "B" is equivalent to 1 "A" and 2 "C"s. How many "C"s is 1 "A" equivalent to?

Since MarianKh showed no attempt to work this and has not responded to questions, I see no reason to continue.

problem

im facin a problem in writing the equation its like a balance ill draw it at paint and attach it here

Correction

HOW MANY Cs DOES IT TAKE TO BALANCE ONE A?

Attachments

• FZX.bmp
    221.1 KB · Views: 544
MarianKh said:
HOW MANY Cs DOES IT TAKE TO BALANCE ONE A?
Write each balance as an equation. You'll have two equations. Solve by eliminating B so you have A in terms of C.

Thank you ver much for helping me through this still i have 4 questions but i don't want to bother...

Please Help Me Solve Those 5 Equations

im unable to pose another thread so I am writing on this one. Please help me solve those four equations

Question1:
An 8.0-meter long ladder leans up against a wall with the bottom end of the ladder resting on the ground 1.0 meter from
the wall.
a. How high off the ground is the upper end of the ladder?
b. What angle does the ladder make with the ground?

Question 2:
For the following situation, draw a diagram that shows what is being explained below. (No calculations are needed –
just a drawing!) In a movie theater one day, Alex spends some time trying to figure out which row gives him the best
view of the screen. Since people determine relative size of an object by the subtended angle (or the angle formed from
the top of the object to the eye to the bottom of the object.), Alex is looking for the location with the largest subtended
angle. The screen is 18 ft. tall, and its bottom edge is 6 ft. above eye level. Sitting 36 ft. from the plane of the screen is
not satisfactory, for the screen is far away and only subtends a 24.2° angle, while sitting 4 feet from the screen is just as
bad, because the screen subtends the same angle.

Question 3:
Find the next number in the following sequence: (Justify your answer.)
108, 72, 48, 32, ?

Question 4:
A softball pitcher throws a ball straight up by mistake. The height of the ball (in meters) off the ground as a function of
time (in seconds) is given by the following equation:
H = 22t - 4.9t2
When is the ball at a height of 15 meters above the ground?

Question 5:
is found in the attachment.

Attachments

• fzzzx.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 218
You have to show your work on this forum. We don't just give you answers. You have to put in some effort before we help.

I'll start you off with question 1. Draw a picture from there it should be obvious how to get the height.

thank you for motivation me :)
is the answer of a. 7.9?
is the answer of b. 82?

That's correct but I think you rounded down for b. I got 83. Care to tackle the rest of the questions by yourself and if you have difficulty you can always come back to the forum.

I solved question 3 and four
is the answer of the third question 21.3?
is the answer of the foruth question either 15, and 7.55?

but I am having diffuclty in both question 2 and 5! can you please help

It would help if you could show the work to how you got the answers instead of just posting what you got.

The second question is slighty difficult in the understanding. Try sketching it various times and see what you come up with. You might be a little confused about subtended angle. Draw a triangle from Alex's eye to the screen. The angle across the screen where alex's eye is would be the subtended angle.

Edit: As for question 5, graph the points you have and determine the shape the graph will take. You can also use the graph to estimate the Y value.

Last edited:
Many thanks.

please excuse but english is not my native language i fin some diffuclty in undeerstanding english equations.

Question 1:
a) 1(squared) + x(squared) = 8(squared)
1+x(squared)= 64
x(squared) = under the rood 63
x= 7.9

b) cos the angle= 1/8
by using the calculator the angle will be 82.8

Question 3:
108/72= 1.5
72/48= 1.5
48/32= 1.5
so all the answers are 1.5
so we sibstitute:
32/x= 1.5
y= 21.3

Question 4:
15= 22t-4.9t(squared)
15= t(22-4.9t)
in case one: t=15
in case two:
15= 22-4.9t
after removing 22 from the right we remove them from the left
37/4.9=4.9t/4.9
t=7.55

i drew a triangle and the subtended angle will be from Alex's position but i couldn't solve it!
please i need ur help here...

Their is no solution for question 2. You need to only draw 2 pictures. The first one you already drew. You just need to add the bottom ledge and the 36 foot distance from the screen. It would help if you could somehow put your triangle on the forum.

Thank you for helping me in this question.
could you please help me in the fifth question

For question 5 plot the points on a graph to help you see what the shape of it will be and what the equation of the graph can be.

wut is larger 6.672 or 6.67?

6.672 is greater than 6.67. If the number of digits confuses you just add a zero to 6.67. So you can compare 6.672 to 6.670 if you are having difficulty.

Related to How many "C" does it take to balance one "A"?

1. How do you determine the number of "C" needed to balance one "A" in a chemical equation?

In order to determine the number of "C" needed to balance one "A" in a chemical equation, you must first write out the balanced chemical equation and use the coefficients to represent the number of each element present. From there, you can use the mole ratio between "C" and "A" to calculate the exact number needed.

2. Is there a specific ratio or formula for determining the amount of "C" needed to balance one "A"?

Yes, the mole ratio between "C" and "A" is used to determine the amount of "C" needed to balance one "A" in a chemical equation. This ratio is determined by the coefficients of each element in the equation.

3. Can the number of "C" needed to balance one "A" vary depending on the chemical equation?

Yes, the number of "C" needed to balance one "A" can vary depending on the chemical equation. This is because each chemical equation has its own unique coefficients and mole ratios between elements.

4. How does the number of "C" needed to balance one "A" affect the overall chemical reaction?

The number of "C" needed to balance one "A" is crucial in ensuring a balanced chemical equation and a successful chemical reaction. If the equation is not balanced, it can lead to incorrect calculations and potential errors in the reaction.

5. Are there any other factors that can affect the number of "C" needed to balance one "A"?

Yes, other factors such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of catalysts can also affect the number of "C" needed to balance one "A" in a chemical equation. These factors can alter the rate of the reaction and the amount of each element needed for the reaction to occur.