How long will my gas tank will last?

• Thread starter Jashin_212
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gas Tank
In summary, the individual is seeking advice on setting up low oxygen tension cell culture chambers and is wondering how many chambers can be prepared with a 50 liter, 150 bar tank of 2% oxygen, 5% CO2, and 93% N2. The protocol involves connecting the tank to the chamber with a 1/4 inch tube and letting the gas flow at 2 psi for 2 minutes. However, the flow rate is needed to calculate the number of chambers that can be prepared.
Jashin_212
How long will my gas tank last?

Dear All,

I've a question for you that's driving me a little bit crazy. I'm trying to set up low oxygen tension cell culture chambers to grow my cells. Here is a picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=43256&stc=1&d=1327867120.jpg

The chamber is cylindrical shape and has a volume of 1.2 liters, it's at room temperature and room air. I purchased a 50 liters tank at 150 bar of 2% oxigen, 5% CO2 and 93% N2. My protocols says to connect the tank with a 1/4 inches tube to the chamber and let the gas flow through the chamber at 2 psi for 2 minutes. Then I seal the two holes of the chamber and the air mix inside will be 2% O2, 5% CO2 and 93% N2.

I know the protocol is correct, so I don't care to reduce the flow time. I'm just wondering how many chambers I can prepare with a 50 liters, 150 bar tank.

Of course I'm looking for an approximate solution of my problem...it's just for cost estimation.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture1.JPG
    Picture1.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
It's impossible to calculate unless you know the flow rate in liters per minute. Get a rotameter and attach it to your tube and measure the flow rate at 2 psi.

Related to How long will my gas tank will last?

1. How long will my gas tank last?

The length of time your gas tank will last depends on several factors, including the size of your tank, the type of vehicle you have, and your driving habits. Generally, a full tank of gas can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

2. How can I make my gas tank last longer?

There are a few ways you can make your gas tank last longer. These include maintaining your vehicle's engine and tires, driving at a steady speed, and avoiding aggressive driving behaviors such as rapid acceleration and braking.

3. Does the type of gas I use affect how long my gas tank will last?

Yes, the type of gas you use can impact the longevity of your gas tank. Higher octane gas may be more expensive, but it can provide better fuel efficiency and help your gas tank last longer.

4. Will driving at a higher speed use more gas?

Yes, driving at higher speeds can use more gas. The faster you drive, the more wind resistance your vehicle faces, which can decrease fuel efficiency and cause your gas tank to run out faster.

5. How can I accurately estimate how long my gas tank will last?

To accurately estimate how long your gas tank will last, you can calculate your vehicle's average fuel economy and divide the number of miles you can drive on a full tank of gas by that average. This will give you a rough estimate of how long your gas tank will last.