How Does Physics Explain Natural Phenomena and Technological Innovations?

In summary, the conversation discusses various physics concepts and equations, including coefficient of volume expansion, magnetic fields, and work done. The solutions to the problems are provided, and additional clarification is given for the terms "mA" and "change in voltage." The conversation ends with a request for further assistance and a question about a previous answer.
ritwik06
1. For a gas if p and v denote the co-efficient of volume expansion at a constant pressure and coefficient of pressure at a constant volume respectively, then
1)p>v 2)p<v 3)p=v 4)p=0 and v=0

2. The horizontal component(H), vertical component (V) and total intensity (I) of the Earth's magnetic field are related as ______________.

3. A current of 50 mA flows for 0.5 hours through an electric circuit, the number of electrons which will dift in the circuit will be? (Charge on one electron= 1.6*10^-19 C)

4.Work done in moving a charge of 2 coulomb from a point at 118 volt to a point at 128 volts will be _____________

My answers
1. p=v
2. I^2=V^2+H^2
3. whatdoes "mA" mean?
4. W=F*d; how can we find it out in this case?

I am not aware about these questions. Please tell me the solutions and some tutorials of relevant opics. Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
ritwik06 said:
My answers
2. I^2=V^2+H^2
correct
3. whatdoes "mA" mean?
mA means milliamp, 1mA=10^-3A
4. W=F*d; how can we find it out in this case?
Change in voltage is defined as work done per unit charge, so [itex] W=q\Delta V [/itex]

cristo said:
correct

mA means milliamp, 1mA=10^-3A

Change in voltage is defined as work done per unit charge, so [itex] W=q\Delta V [/itex]

Please tell me how I was correct in question 2. Thanks for telling me about the rest of the questions. Thanks a lot.

Please do help me :(

ritwik06 said:
Please tell me how I was correct in question 2. Thanks for telling me about the rest of the questions. Thanks a lot.

If you split the Earth's magnetic field into horizontal and vertical components, then the total intensity is the resultant of these forces. If you draw the diagram of the situation, it will become clear that the total intensity is the diagonal of the rectangle formed by the horizontal and vertical components. Applying Pythagoras' Theorem to the right angled triangle formed by the two components and their resultant gives the required result.

u were wrong

JITESH said:
u were wrong

Who was wrong, me? How so?

Related to How Does Physics Explain Natural Phenomena and Technological Innovations?

1. What is a Physics Olympiad?

A Physics Olympiad is a competition designed to test high school students' knowledge and understanding of physics concepts. It usually consists of theoretical and experimental exams, as well as problem-solving challenges.

2. Who can participate in a Physics Olympiad?

Typically, high school students from different countries can participate in Physics Olympiads. There are also some national and regional competitions that are open to middle school students.

3. What topics are covered in a Physics Olympiad?

The topics covered in a Physics Olympiad may vary, but they usually include mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. Some competitions may also include astronomy, astrophysics, and other specialized topics.

4. How can I prepare for a Physics Olympiad?

To prepare for a Physics Olympiad, you should have a strong understanding of the fundamental concepts of physics and be familiar with the types of questions and problems that may be asked. You can also practice by solving past Olympiad papers and participating in study groups or competitions.

5. What are the benefits of participating in a Physics Olympiad?

Participating in a Physics Olympiad can provide several benefits, such as improving problem-solving skills, gaining a deeper understanding of physics concepts, and developing critical thinking skills. It can also open up opportunities for scholarships and future academic and career paths in the field of physics.