How does electrical engineering utilize grade 12 physics concepts?

In summary, a career in Electrical Engineering involves utilizing concepts from two of the following five units: Forces/Motion, Energy/Momentum, Gravitational/Electrical/Magnetic Fields, Wave/Light, and Relativity/Quantum Mechanics. Examples of how these units are related to electrical engineering include using energy and magnetic fields in electronics, and using vector analysis to determine tilt factor in building structures. Further research into resources such as websites and career descriptions is needed to find specific tasks that Electrical Engineers perform that involve grade 12 physics.
artyboy

Homework Statement

I am researching a career which involves Grade 12 physics and have decided upon doing Electrical Engineering. We have to relate the career to two out of the five units, Forces/Motion, Energy/Momentum, Gravitational/Electrical/Magnetic Fields, Wave/Light, and Relativity/Quantum Mechanics.

I know that it involves energy/momentum because electronics require energy and some kind of fields as their are magnets involved in electronics, but are there concrete examples of how these units are related to electrical engineering?

For example, a civil enginner, daily, uses vector analysis to determine a building's tilt factor. (I just made that up). Basically if anyone knows any resources about tasks Electrical Engineers do that involve grade 12 physics.

I am not allowed to do Physics teacher or physicists.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have to do Electrical Engineer. Homework Equations N/AThe Attempt at a Solution I have looked into websites such as quora, and read about the career but still can't find any concrete examples.

Related to How does electrical engineering utilize grade 12 physics concepts?

1. What are some potential career options for someone with a physics background?

Physics is a versatile and highly valued field, with many potential career paths. Some common options include working in research and development for industries such as aerospace, energy, or telecommunications; teaching at the high school or college level; and pursuing a career in government agencies or national labs. Physics graduates are also highly sought after in fields such as finance, data analysis, and engineering.

2. What skills are important for a successful career in physics?

In addition to a strong foundation in mathematics and scientific principles, successful physicists possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills, curiosity and creativity, and strong communication and teamwork abilities. Adaptability and the ability to learn new techniques and technologies are also important for keeping up with advancements in the field.

3. What is the typical salary range for someone in a physics-related career?

The salary range for a physics-related career can vary greatly depending on the specific job, industry, and level of experience. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for physicists and astronomers was $122,850 in May 2020. However, those in high-demand fields such as aerospace and engineering may earn significantly more.

4. Are there any specific industries or companies that are known for hiring physicists?

Physicists are employed in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, energy, healthcare, and telecommunications. Some well-known companies that frequently hire physicists include NASA, Boeing, General Electric, and IBM. Government agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Energy also employ physicists.

5. How can I prepare for a career in physics while still in school?

While in school, it is important to focus on building a strong foundation in math and science courses. Participating in research opportunities, internships, and science fairs can also help develop practical skills and provide valuable experience. Additionally, networking with professionals in the field and staying up-to-date on current research and technology can help prepare for a career in physics.