How Does Cultural Background Influence Online Self-Introductions?

• Thread starter shishu9
  • Start date
In summary, self-introduction is the act of presenting oneself to others, typically in a formal or professional setting. It involves providing information about one's background, interests, and goals in a succinct and engaging manner. A successful self-introduction should be genuine, concise, and tailored to the audience. It can also include a personal statement or elevator pitch to make a strong first impression. Self-introductions are commonly used in job interviews, networking events, and social situations to establish connections and build relationships.
shishu9
How did you find PF?
Friend's advice
Alright...This is a... self-introduction.And it's the first time I can use what I learned in primary school.I even can remember How I read my composition in front of the class.

I come from China,a real Chinese.My real-name is secret but I can tell you my ID is "shishu9",maybe you can see that in the right of the article.:)

Of course,I guess most of the members here might be a male like me.What I mean,girls in our country never understand a man who loves science.And they called us in Chinese word like "理工男" which means some person don't know the romantic.

Joking apart,I come here to just discussion with everyone."All for future and truth" is my faith.So,I will be a polite discussant.
That's all,thanks!:)

Physics news on Phys.org
shishu9 said:
How did you find PF?: Friend's advice

Joking apart,I come here to just discussion with everyone."All for future and truth" is my faith.So,I will be a polite discussant.
That's all,thanks!:)
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

You are right.But don't worry bro.I will not enraged by others because I have enraged in my own country many times.More importantly,I'm very young and ignorant so my English is not very good.Because of this,I can hardly understand what you discuss.

The virus in our country is true,the government told us here is 36855 was confirmed.
I thought the origin of the contradiction among people and people most because differences.Like the Swiss is supposed to punctual or French is supposed to romantic in just my point of view.And also have some Universal values like we can't attack others or we should be polite.

Our ancestor Mr.Lao once said"At the start of a human,there is no kind or evil in his or her heart.(mind)"Also some ancestors like Mr.Kong thought the start is always kind even some thought is always evil.

In fact,I trend to agree with Mr.Lao.Like you said,there is no necessary in this world.
I'm just a civilian from my country and can even not afford a ticket from China to USA or EU.In fact,there even have more Chinese argued in games like LOL or PUBG.The media in our country is restricted,I don't like it but I can understand,words in most cases is more lethal than the bullet.So,you will found there always some voice under a report attack and never stop because they are employed by government so I have rarely say something in public because it's useless and foolish.

The differences also reflected in rich and poor.I used to watch a video about tourism.A compatriot ask some foreign girls how to see our Chinese.They answered all of them thought Chinese is rich and in the comments section most people joke with"It's because more poor Chinese can never appear before you.lol".I say this example is want to tell you there is a lot problems in our country and rich don't means kind-hearted.

At the end of this article,I want to request more time and toleration.Whatever a person or a civilization,there always have trough and peak.Like a Chinese saying"阴阳和合万物中,否极泰来会有时。":biggrin:

shishu9 said:
You are right.But don't worry bro.I will not enraged by others because I have enraged in my own country many times.
Sorry, you are replying to posts in this thread that have been deleted by the Mentors.
shishu9 said:
Of course,I guess most of the members here might be a male like me.What I mean,girls in our country never understand a man who loves science.And they called us in Chinese word like "理工男" which means some person don't know the romantic.
Please take care not to be a misogynist here. We have plenty of female members, and one of the most amazing intelligent physics students that I ever met was female. Please always remember that gender does not matter at the PF. Thank you.
shishu9 said:
Our ancestor Mr.Lao once said"At the start of a human,there is no kind or evil in his or her heart.(mind)"
This is a beautiful thing to always keep at your center. I know that I do. I grew up in a military family in the US (we moved all over the world for my father's assignments), and I am very luck that my dad always taught us kids that gender and race do not matter. What matters is how a person acts, not what their genetic background is. I carry those lessons with me every day, including in my medical assignments. "Never judge a book by its cover." and "Always treat others the way that you want to be treated."

This introduction thread is closed.