How Does Bank Store Data in Batch Processing?

• Thread starter AllenHe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Batch
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of batch processing and how banks store data in their systems. The individual is unsure about the question being asked and provides a link to a Wikipedia article on batch processing. They also mention that databases typically work with real-time updates, but in the case of a batch process, the data can be sorted and copied to a second file for updates. They suggest using sequential I/O and multiple tape drives for sorting. The individual acknowledges that this may not be the answer the questioner is looking for and suggests rewording the question.
AllenHe
Can anyone tell me how does the bank store data in the system of batch processing?

Technology news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you're trying to ask. Wiki article for batch processing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_processing

I'm also not sure on what you mean how a bank stores data. Databases are usually designed to work with real time updates, but in the case of a database that is only updated via a batch process, the update data could be sorted, and then the database copied and updated to a second file, using the sorted update data. Everything but the sorting of the update data would involve sequential I/O (which would allow the database to be stored on magnetic tape). The sorting of the update data could also be done on multiple tape drives (at least 3), using a merge sort.

I don't think this is the answer you're looking for, so perhaps you could reword your original question.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I got the answer.

Related to How Does Bank Store Data in Batch Processing?

1. How does batch processing work in banking?

Batch processing in banking is a method of data processing where large volumes of transactions are collected and processed together at a specific time, rather than in real-time. This allows banks to efficiently manage and process a high volume of transactions, such as credit card payments, loan repayments, and account updates.

2. What types of data are stored in batch processing?

Batch processing in banking typically stores data such as transaction details, customer information, account balances, and transaction history. This data can be processed and organized into reports, statements, and other financial documents.

3. How is data stored in batch processing different from real-time processing?

In batch processing, data is collected and processed in batches at specific intervals, whereas in real-time processing, data is processed and updated immediately as it is received. Batch processing is more efficient for handling large volumes of data, while real-time processing allows for more immediate and accurate data updates.

4. How is data stored securely in batch processing?

Banks use various security measures to ensure that customer data is stored securely in batch processing. This may include encryption techniques, firewalls, and other security protocols to protect against data breaches and unauthorized access. Banks also have strict data privacy policies and comply with regulatory standards to safeguard customer information.

5. What are the benefits of using batch processing for data storage in banking?

Batch processing offers several benefits for data storage in banking, including increased efficiency, reduced processing time, and improved accuracy. It also allows for easier management and organization of large volumes of data, and can be scheduled to run during off-peak hours to minimize disruptions to customers. Additionally, batch processing can be more cost-effective for banks compared to real-time processing methods.