How do you deduce acceleration?

In summary, the conversation is about deducing initial acceleration from B, L, M, and I (Telsa, length, mass, and current). The speaker mentions that if force can be obtained, then acceleration can be calculated. However, they are unsure of how these quantities are related and need help with solving the problem. The conversation takes place in a homework forum, with the speaker mentioning that it is a homework assignment for their grade 11 IB course. They are asked to provide the homework statement, equations and formulas, and their attempted solution in order to receive help.
Joo Sung
(Mentor note) This thread was moved from another forum, hence no homework template.

How do you deduce initial acceleration just from B, L, M, and I? (Telsa, length, mass, and current)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What can you tell us about how these quantities are related? If you can find a way to get a force then you have the means to get the acceleration of some object.

I do not have an idea of how they are related... and I can't seem to figure out the formulas for how acceleration is derived from

Is this a homework assignment? What grade level? of what course or project?

jedishrfu said:
Is this a homework assignment? What grade level? of what course or project?
It is a homework assignment. I'm on my IB course as grade 11.

Okay so I'm going to move this thread to our homework forum.

You're going to need to answer these three questions (known as our homework template that appears when you post in the proper homework forum)

Homework Statement

Enter the actual question with all its related information

Homework Equations

Tell us what equations and formulas you've been given for this topic. This helps us determine what level of understanding you have.

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
You must try to solve the problem using the equations and formulas you were given. We can only help if you show us your work.

Related to How do you deduce acceleration?

1. How do you define acceleration?

Acceleration is defined as the rate of change of velocity over time. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude and direction. In simpler terms, acceleration is how fast an object's velocity is changing.

2. What is the formula for calculating acceleration?

The formula for acceleration is a = (v2 - v1) / t, where a is acceleration, v2 is the final velocity, v1 is the initial velocity, and t is the time interval. Alternatively, if you have the displacement (d) and initial and final velocities, you can use the formula a = (v2^2 - v1^2) / 2d.

3. How do you measure acceleration?

Acceleration can be measured using various tools, such as accelerometers, force sensors, or motion sensors. These tools measure the change in velocity of an object over a specific time interval and can provide the acceleration value. In everyday life, acceleration can also be estimated using simple methods, such as calculating the change in speed of a car over a certain distance.

4. What factors affect acceleration?

Acceleration is affected by various factors, including the mass of the object, the applied force, and any external forces acting on the object, such as friction or air resistance. The direction of the applied force also plays a role in determining the direction of the acceleration.

5. How does Newton's Second Law of Motion relate to acceleration?

According to Newton's Second Law of Motion, the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net external force acting on the object and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. In other words, the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be, and the more massive the object is, the less it will accelerate for the same force.