How do you deal with your Amazon wishlist?

• Thread starter fluidistic
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has an Amazon wishlist with almost a hundred textbooks and wants to track their prices for potential drops. They have had issues with third party websites and have not found a reliable program on Github to scrape their private wishlist. The speaker mentions a previous feature on Amazon that allowed them to rank the items with the highest price drop, but it was later removed. They are interested in finding a script to automatically monitor prices and display the results in a terminal. They have found a potential solution online for scraping a Google search page for the best price.
fluidistic
Gold Member
I have an Amazon account with a wishlist. The list contains a lots of (almost a hundred) textbooks. I find myself losing my time checking their prices several times a day, just in case a sudden drop in price appears. There are third party websites such as camelcamelcamel which can send you an email when such a price drop appears, however in my experience these websites have bugs and do not get the correct value of the items, many times. I cannot rely on these.
There are ways to scrap the list with a custom made program. Many of such programs already exist and are free on Github. However, so far I haven't found a single one that could deal with a private wishlist (as opposed to public), is working and up to date with how Amazon works. That is something I wish I could use. A few years ago, it was possible to rank the wishlist in terms of the items with the highest price drop in %, directly in Amazon website. But Amazon later removed this nice feature (I guess they lost money due to it?). I would run the script every 6 hours, more or less, in an automatic way and display the result in a terminal if and only if it is interesting enough.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do you add items to your Amazon wishlist?

To add items to your Amazon wishlist, simply go to the product page of the item you want and click on the "Add to List" button located next to the "Add to Cart" button. You can also add items from your search results or by using the "Add to List" button on your homepage.

2. Can others see my Amazon wishlist?

By default, your Amazon wishlist is set to private, meaning only you can see it. However, you can choose to make your wishlist public by going to your wishlist settings and selecting the option to make it visible to others.

3. How do I remove items from my Amazon wishlist?

To remove items from your Amazon wishlist, go to your wishlist and hover over the item you want to remove. Click on the "Actions" button and select "Delete item" from the dropdown menu. You can also delete multiple items at once by checking the boxes next to the items and selecting "Delete selected items" from the "Actions" dropdown menu.

4. How do I prioritize items on my Amazon wishlist?

You can prioritize items on your Amazon wishlist by using the "Move up" and "Move down" buttons located next to each item. This will change the order in which the items appear on your wishlist.

5. Can I share my Amazon wishlist with others?

Yes, you can share your Amazon wishlist with others by clicking on the "Share" button on your wishlist page. You can then choose to share it via email, social media, or by copying the link. You can also create a shared wishlist with friends or family, allowing them to add items to the list as well.