How Do You Calculate Torque on a Triangular Loop in a Magnetic Field?

In summary, the conversation is about a student working on a problem in their magnetic fields course. They were able to solve parts (a) and (b) using the equation F=I L x B, which resulted in a total force of zero on the triangular loop. However, they are struggling with part (c) and cannot determine the torque on the loop. They are seeking help from others and are open to suggestions.
bibo_dvd
hello guys
iam doing my homework in magnetic fields course
and i found this problem i solved (a) and (b)

by using F=I L x B and the total force on the triangular loop would be zero
but in (c) i tried a lot to find the torque on the loop but i couldn't get the same result
so please help me with this :)
Thx guys :)

1zp4dq6.png

Physics news on Phys.org
bibo_dvd said:
hello guys
iam doing my homework in magnetic fields course
and i found this problem i solved (a) and (b)

by using F=I L x B and the total force on the triangular loop would be zero
but in (c) i tried a lot to find the torque on the loop but i couldn't get the same result
so please help me with this :)
Thx guys :)
Show what you tried. How do you determine the torque on a current carrying loop?

Related to How Do You Calculate Torque on a Triangular Loop in a Magnetic Field?

1. What is torque on a triangular loop?

Torque on a triangular loop is the measure of the turning force or rotational force applied to the loop. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied to the loop by the perpendicular distance from the pivot point to the line of action of the force.

2. How is torque different from force?

Force is a vector quantity that describes the push or pull applied to an object, while torque is a vector quantity that describes the rotational force applied to an object. Force causes linear motion, while torque causes angular motion.

3. What factors affect the torque on a triangular loop?

The magnitude of the force applied, the distance from the pivot point to the line of action of the force, and the angle between the force and the line of action all affect the torque on a triangular loop. The greater the force and distance, and the smaller the angle, the greater the torque.

4. How can torque on a triangular loop be calculated?

To calculate torque on a triangular loop, you need to know the magnitude and direction of the force applied, as well as the distance from the pivot point to the line of action of the force. The formula for torque is T = F x d x sinθ, where T is torque, F is force, d is the distance, and θ is the angle between the force and the line of action.

5. What is the importance of torque on a triangular loop?

Torque on a triangular loop is important because it helps us understand the forces and motion involved in objects rotating around a pivot point. It is also crucial in many mechanical systems and engineering applications, such as in the design of motors, engines, and machines.