How Do You Calculate Tension and Angle in a Two-Mass Pulley System?

• Thread starter Lovesphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, a box of mass 1.0kg on a frictionless inclined surface is connected to another box of mass 2.0kg via a massless and frictionless pulley. A force of magnitude 6.0N acts on the second box, causing it to have a downward acceleration of 5.5m/s2. To find the tension in the cord and the angle of the incline, we can use the equation Fr=m*a. After solving for the values, the tension in the cord is 218,400N and the angle of the incline is 50,400N.
Lovesphysics

Homework Statement

In the figure a box of mass m1 1.0kg, on a frictionless inclined surface is connected to another box of mass m2  2.0 kg . The pulley is massless and frictionless. An upward force of magnitude F = 6.0 N acts on m2 , which has a downward acceleration of 5.5 m/s2. What are (a) the tension in the cord and (b) angle  ?

Homework Equations

Fr=m*a

The Attempt at a Solution

I have attempted a solution and found an answer. Just need to know if it's right. It's quiz prep.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 9.40.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 9.40.06 PM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 443
Physics news on Phys.org
Please show your answers and maybe your workings too.

for this first one

a) 218, 400 N
b) tension= 50,400 N

Lovesphysics said:
for this first one

a) 218, 400 N
b) tension= 50,400 N

How do you get to those answers?

As a scientist, my response to this content would be to review the given information and equations to determine if the solution provided is correct. I would also check to make sure that all units are consistent and that the calculations were done correctly. If the solution seems reasonable and aligns with the given information and equations, then it is likely correct. However, I would also recommend double checking with a peer or instructor to ensure accuracy. In science, it is important to always verify and check solutions to ensure accuracy and avoid any potential errors.

Related to How Do You Calculate Tension and Angle in a Two-Mass Pulley System?

1. What is the purpose of "A question from assignment"?

The purpose of "A question from assignment" is to provide a specific topic or prompt for students to research, analyze, and potentially create a solution for. It is often used as an assignment or project in educational settings to help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. How do I approach "A question from assignment"?

The best way to approach "A question from assignment" is to first carefully read and understand the question. Then, gather relevant information and resources to help you answer the question. You may also want to brainstorm and plan out your approach before beginning any research or analysis.

3. Can I use outside sources to answer "A question from assignment"?

Yes, it is encouraged to use outside sources to answer "A question from assignment". This can include reputable websites, academic articles, books, and even interviews with experts. However, be sure to properly cite your sources and avoid plagiarism.

4. How do I know if my answer to "A question from assignment" is correct?

There is no definitive answer to "A question from assignment" as it is open-ended and can have multiple perspectives and interpretations. However, you can gauge the accuracy of your answer by using reliable sources, logical reasoning, and supporting evidence.

5. Is there a time limit for answering "A question from assignment"?

This depends on the specific assignment or project guidelines. Some may have a strict deadline, while others may allow for more flexibility. It is important to carefully review the instructions and plan your time accordingly to ensure you can provide a thorough and thoughtful answer.