How Do You Calculate Collision Rates and Emission Wavelengths in Physics?

In summary, the first question involves calculating the number of collisions per second on a container wall with an area of 1.00 cm^2 for a collection of Ar particles at 1.10 atm and 290.1 K. This can be done using the equation ZW = NAp/(2πMRT )^1/2. The second question requires determining the wavelength of the most intense electromagnetic radiation emitted from a furnace at 2500.1 °C. The equation for this is not specified, but it involves variables such as temperature and emission intensity. It is important to understand the meaning of each variable in order to use the equations effectively. However, it is not recommended to rely solely on equations and not understand the
XBOX999
Can you please set up the equations for me to help me solve these questions.:
1) How many collisions per second occur on a container wall with an area of
1.00 cm^2 for a collection of Ar particles at 1.10 atm and 290.1 K?
I think I should use this equation to answer this question:
ZW = NAp/(2πMRT )^1/2

2) Determine the wavelength of the most intense electromagnetic radiation
emitted from a furnace at 2500.1 °C.

Also, if you can explanes what do you mean by each variable that would be great.

Physics news on Phys.org
We don't just do homework for you sorry.

I just want the equations which I can use to solve the problems. I do not want the final answer

Related to How Do You Calculate Collision Rates and Emission Wavelengths in Physics?

1. How do you solve equations to answer physics questions?

To solve equations in physics, you must first identify the known and unknown variables in the given problem. Then, use the appropriate equations and principles to manipulate the variables and solve for the unknown.

2. What are the most common equations used in solving physics problems?

Some of the most common equations used in physics include Newton's second law (F=ma), the equations for motion (d=vt, v=d/t, a=v/t), and the equations for energy (PE=mgh, KE=1/2mv^2).

3. How do you know which equation to use in a given physics problem?

The equation to use in a physics problem depends on the given variables and the type of problem. It is important to carefully read and understand the problem to determine which equation is most appropriate to use.

4. Can you use multiple equations to solve a single physics problem?

Yes, in some cases, it may be necessary to use multiple equations to solve a single physics problem. This is especially common in more complex problems that involve multiple variables.

5. What are some techniques for checking the accuracy of your solutions when solving physics equations?

Some techniques for checking the accuracy of solutions include double-checking your calculations, ensuring that units are consistent throughout the problem, and using estimation to see if your answer is reasonable. It is also helpful to practice and become familiar with common equations and their solutions.