How do u convert relative angle to absolute angles?

In summary, a relative angle is an angle between two lines or planes that can vary depending on the observer's position and orientation, while an absolute angle is measured with respect to a fixed reference point or line. To convert a relative angle to an absolute angle, one needs to know the observer's position and orientation and the reference direction, and use trigonometric functions to calculate the absolute angle. The most common units for measuring angles are degrees, radians, and gradians. Converting relative angles to absolute angles has practical applications in various fields such as engineering, navigation, and astronomy, allowing for precise measurements and calculations related to direction, orientation, and distance.
Luongo
ie: in the figure theta 3 i got i want theta 2 what formula would i use

Attachments

• two_part_arm.gif
    two_part_arm.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 2,020
Physics news on Phys.org
Luongo said:
ie: in the figure theta 3 i got i want theta 2 what formula would i use

help please

I think it's th2=th1+th3-180

There isn't enough information to tell.

two_part_arm.gif

It's basic geometry.
Assuming the line I've drawn is parallel to the x axis

th2 = th3 -th
and
th = 180 - th1
Therefore
th2 = th1 + th3 - 180

Related to How do u convert relative angle to absolute angles?

What is a relative angle?

A relative angle is the angle between two lines or planes that can vary depending on the position and orientation of the observer.

What is an absolute angle?

An absolute angle is the angle measured with respect to a fixed reference point or line, such as the North or East direction.

How do you convert a relative angle to an absolute angle?

To convert a relative angle to an absolute angle, you need to know the position and orientation of the observer and the reference direction. Using trigonometric functions, you can calculate the absolute angle by adding or subtracting the observer's orientation from the relative angle.

What are some common units of measurement for angles?

The most common units for measuring angles are degrees, radians, and gradians.

What are some real-world applications of converting relative angles to absolute angles?

Converting relative angles to absolute angles is important in various fields such as engineering, navigation, and astronomy. It is used to determine the direction and orientation of objects, calculate distances and coordinates, and make precise measurements and calculations.