How Do Photosynthesis and Respiration Differ in Plants and Animals?

• Thread starter RainGurl
  • Start date
In summary, "Not sure what the question is asking" is a phrase used when someone is unsure about the specific topic or information being requested. When faced with such a situation, it is best to ask for clarification or further information in order to provide an accurate and relevant response. This phrase is acceptable to use in a professional setting, as long as it is phrased respectfully. To avoid being unsure about a question, carefully read and understand the question before responding, and have a good understanding of the topic being discussed. There are also strategies for figuring out what a question is asking, such as breaking it down into smaller parts, rephrasing it, or asking for clarification or examples.
RainGurl
I have been asked to compare photosynthesis and respiration (occurrence in plants and occurance in animals). I am not sure how to go about answering this question.

Can someone explain it to me?

Physics news on Phys.org
If it was me answering the question I would refer to the flow of electrons; compare reduction and oxidation at each of the various stages. I would also comment on the relationship between photosynthesis and respiration in plants.

Sure, I can help clarify the question for you. The question is asking for a comparison between photosynthesis and respiration in both plants and animals. Photosynthesis is the process by which plants use sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to produce glucose (sugar) and oxygen. Respiration, on the other hand, is the process by which both plants and animals break down glucose to release energy for their cells to use. In plants, photosynthesis occurs in the chloroplasts of their cells, while respiration occurs in the mitochondria. In animals, both processes occur in the mitochondria of their cells. Some possible points of comparison could include the inputs and outputs of each process, the organelles involved, and the overall function in maintaining life for both plants and animals. I hope this helps!

Related to How Do Photosynthesis and Respiration Differ in Plants and Animals?

1. What does "Not sure what the question is asking" mean?

"Not sure what the question is asking" is a phrase commonly used when someone is unsure about the specific topic or information being requested in a question. It suggests that the person is uncertain about the context or purpose of the question and may need further clarification.

2. How do you respond to a question when you are not sure what it is asking?

If you are not sure what a question is asking, it is best to ask for clarification or further information. You can say something like, "I'm sorry, I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you please provide more context?" This will help ensure that you are providing an accurate and relevant response.

3. Is it okay to say "I'm not sure what the question is asking" in a professional setting?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to say "I'm not sure what the question is asking" in a professional setting. It shows that you are actively trying to understand and provide an appropriate response. However, it is important to phrase your response respectfully and politely.

4. How can I avoid being unsure about a question?

To avoid being unsure about a question, make sure to carefully read and understand the question before responding. If necessary, ask for clarification or further information. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of the topic being discussed and to actively listen to the question being asked.

5. Are there any strategies for figuring out what a question is asking?

Yes, there are a few strategies that can help you figure out what a question is asking. One approach is to break down the question into smaller parts and identify the key words or phrases. Another strategy is to rephrase the question in your own words to ensure that you understand it correctly. Additionally, you can ask for clarification or examples to help you better understand the question.