How do photons behave when entering a prism?

In summary, when photons enter a prism, they are absorbed by the glass molecules and then recreated, resulting in the refraction phenomenon.
menniandscience
if i don't want to understand the white light as a pack of waves that when encounter prism the waves start to unpack, but as a photons, but than i can't see how it's working, i mean. what is happening to the photons when they enter a prism?
thanks

Science news on Phys.org
Your Punctuation isn't the greatest, but then again, we've all had bad days.

As I'm not a great teacher I will save myself the embarrassment of trying to answer your question, but since I had a question similar to yours sometime ago, I kept this page link that helped me understand Dispersion.
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/refrn/u14l4a.cfm

meni ohana said:
what is happening to the photons when they enter a prism?
The photons are immediately destroyed (absorbed by the glass molecules, giving all of their energy to the glass). Then the molecules in the glass work together to create new photons. This process has a particular timing that results in the refraction.

Related to How do photons behave when entering a prism?

What are photons?

Photons are the smallest unit of light and are considered to be the fundamental particle of light. They are responsible for carrying electromagnetic radiation and have no mass.

How do photons travel?

Photons travel through space at the speed of light, which is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second. They can travel in a straight line or be affected by gravity, causing them to bend and curve.

What is dispersion?

Dispersion is the process of splitting white light into its component colors. This is due to the different wavelengths of light being refracted at different angles as they pass through a medium.

How does dispersion occur?

Dispersion occurs when white light enters a medium with varying refractive indices. The different wavelengths of light are then refracted at different angles, causing them to separate and create a rainbow of colors.

What is the relationship between photons and dispersion?

Photons play a crucial role in the process of dispersion. As they pass through a medium with varying refractive indices, they are affected differently based on their wavelength. This results in the separation of colors, which is the basis of dispersion.