Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

How do I rate me? Let me count the ways...

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013
OK, so this might seem a bit silly, and indeed it is, but it's also pseudo-serious, an amphibiously bi-sextral kind of serious, if you will...

When working on a few recent tutorials in the Math Notes board, I've had a poor interweb signal, and sometimes had to re-load a few times before my posts shows. Nothing wrong with MHB there, of course, but it's just happened to coincide with said tutorials receiving a 5-star rating. So, I'm wondering, is this just some glitch where I've Facecrook-style "liked myself" -which I do, up to a point - or are these genuine votes from independent bipeds who just happen to share my mathematical fetishes...?

Obviously I'd be flattered if the votes were from others, but my main concern is that I'm not "liking myself" in public... That way lies a restraining order.

Thanks (I liked that!)

Gethin (Drunk)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Re: How do I rate me? Let me count the ways... lol

Hi Getin, (Wave)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention because we do not have thread ratings at MHB, or shouldn't. The "Math Notes" subforum was created later on than the rest of our site so this is glitch that has gone unnoticed. I just turned off thread ratings there so now your question doesn't really apply anymore.

That said, I doubt the high ratings you saw of your threads were just from you. :) They are really well done and I'm sure many enjoy reading them so want to show their appreciation by rating your thread. As I said just now, we don't allow this but do encourage people to "Thank" good posts.

Jameson

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013

Aha! So I wasn't caught with my e-pants down. Phew! lol :rolleyes:

More seriously though, Jameson, thanks for clearing that up. (Yes)

Gethin

Random Variable

MHB Math Helper
Jan 31, 2012

You say some weird stuff when you're inebriated. But fortunately this time I didn't need Google to translate your post from intoxicated British English to intoxicated American English. (Giggle)

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013

Random Variable said:
You say some weird stuff when you're inebriated.
Yes, I noticed that. But I think it's kinda cool. :D

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013

Doh! Busted... Erm, I mean "yay!"

:cool: