How do I Learn Objective-C when I'm using Windows?

• Thread starter Math10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, Objective-C is not natively supported on Windows, but it can be installed and run using third-party software like GNUStep or Cygwin. Xcode is not available for Windows, but alternative IDEs like Code::Blocks and Eclipse can be used for Objective-C development. It is not necessary to have a Mac to learn Objective-C, but having one can provide a smoother experience. There are many online resources for learning Objective-C on Windows, including Udemy, Codecademy, and Stack Overflow. While it is possible to develop and test iOS apps using Objective-C on Windows, a Mac is still needed for final testing and deployment to the App Store.
Math10
I don't have a Mac and I'm using Windows but how do I learn Objective-C when I'm using Windows? Can I code Objective-C in Notepad++?

Technology news on Phys.org
Sure, you can write Objective-C code using Notepad++ on Windows. You can even write it using pencil and paper. :oldwink:

But you also need something that can compile or interpret Objective-C code under Windows. Try a Google search for something like "objective-c on windows".

Thank you.

Just search for Objective C online compilers. There's a couple good ones.

Thanks.

Related to How do I Learn Objective-C when I'm using Windows?

1. How can I download Objective-C on Windows?

Unfortunately, Objective-C is not natively supported on Windows. However, you can use a third-party software, such as GNUStep or Cygwin, to install and run Objective-C on Windows.

2. Can I use Xcode for Objective-C development on Windows?

No, Xcode is only available for Mac OS. However, you can use alternative IDEs, such as Code::Blocks or Eclipse, to write and compile Objective-C code on Windows.

3. Do I need a Mac to learn Objective-C?

No, you can learn Objective-C on Windows by using third-party software or alternative IDEs. However, having a Mac can provide a more seamless experience as it is the native platform for Objective-C development.

4. Are there any online resources for learning Objective-C on Windows?

Yes, there are many online tutorials, courses, and forums available for learning Objective-C on Windows. Some popular resources include Udemy, Codecademy, and Stack Overflow.

5. Can I develop and test iOS apps using Objective-C on Windows?

Yes, you can write and compile Objective-C code for iOS development on Windows. However, you will still need a Mac for final testing and deployment of the app to the App Store.