How Do I Integrate sqrt(4x) + sqrt(4x) on the Interval 0 to 1?

• Thread starter MathGnome
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, integrating a square root problem involves finding the area under a curve defined by a square root expression. This can be done using integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or using a table of integrals. It is possible to integrate a square root function with limits, as the limits define the interval over which the area is being calculated. However, solving an integrate sqrt problem without calculus is not possible, as it requires the use of integration techniques. Integrating square root problems has many real-life applications, including calculating work, finding center of mass, and determining volume of solids with curved sides.
MathGnome
Ok, I've been doing work for about 4 hours straight and I think my brain is fried. I know this is easy, it is just not working in my head.

Anyway, the problem is this:

Integrate the sqrt(4x) + sqrt(4x) on the interval 0 to 1

I get, (8^3/2)/3 + (8^3/2)/3 but apparently this is not right. I'm probably forgetting something I'll hit myself in the head for :cry: . Any help though?

Thx,
MathGnome

Physics news on Phys.org
This is answered in Calculus & Analysis.

Related to How Do I Integrate sqrt(4x) + sqrt(4x) on the Interval 0 to 1?

1. What is the purpose of integrating a square root problem?

The purpose of integrating a square root problem is to find the area under a curve where the function is defined by a square root expression.

2. How do you solve an integrate sqrt problem?

To solve an integrate sqrt problem, you can use integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or using a table of integrals.

3. Can you integrate a square root function with limits?

Yes, you can integrate a square root function with limits. The limits define the interval over which the area under the curve is being calculated.

4. Is it possible to solve an integrate sqrt problem without using calculus?

No, solving an integrate sqrt problem requires the use of calculus techniques such as integration. Without calculus, it is not possible to find the exact area under a curve defined by a square root function.

5. Are there any real-life applications of integrating square root problems?

Yes, integrating square root problems has many real-life applications, such as calculating the work done by a variable force, finding the center of mass of a curved object, and determining the volume of a solid with curved sides.