How Do I Fix My TI-84 Calculator Not Graphing Simultaneous Equations?

In summary, the individual was unsure where to post a thread about their TI-84 graphing calculator and the weird problem they were experiencing. Sometimes a setting would change on its own and the calculator would only graph one function at a time, instead of simultaneous equations. This was due to a change in the y= button symbol and they were unsure how to fix it. The expert advises that removing or changing batteries while the calculator is on can reset the settings and erase all memory. However, the individual discovered that accidentally hitting the "transfrm" program caused the issue and uninstalling it fixed all problems.
Sniperman724
I wasn't sure where to lost this thread so I decided to put it in general discussion. So anyway, on my TI-84 graphing calculator I have been having this weird problem, once in a while a setting will change on its own( not sure how) and then the calculator would stop letting me graph simultaneous equations, and would only graph one function at a time. Usually when you hit the y= button, there would be parallel lines to the left of each function line but for the past few weeks that symbol changed into a triangle and an upright rectangle(for lack of a better description) to the left of the function lines. I am really not sure how to change it back to parallel lines again. If you can help me out that would be great :)

Thank you so much!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I just cannot figure out how to fix it... :/

In one problem I may helpful to you..
If u remove batteries or change batteries while TI calculators are on operation then the settings will be changed to default and whole memory (programs) will be erased.

Thank you for your help, When I was playing around with my calculator, i guess i must have hit this program called "transfrm" on accident, so when i uninstalled it, I was able to graph simultaneous equations again, and it fixed all of the other problems as well.

I would suggest first checking the user manual for your TI-84 calculator to see if there are any troubleshooting tips for this specific issue. If that does not provide a solution, I would recommend resetting the calculator to its default settings. This can usually be done by pressing the "2nd" button and then "MEM" (memory) and selecting "Reset" or "Defaults." If the issue persists, it may be a hardware issue and I would suggest contacting the manufacturer for assistance. It is also important to regularly update the software on your calculator to avoid potential bugs or glitches.

Related to How Do I Fix My TI-84 Calculator Not Graphing Simultaneous Equations?

1. What are the most common issues with the TI-84 calculator?

The most common issues with the TI-84 calculator include display problems, memory issues, and graphing errors. These can be caused by outdated software, low battery, or incorrect usage.

2. Why is my calculator not turning on?

If your TI-84 calculator is not turning on, the most likely cause is a low battery. Try replacing the batteries or using a new set of batteries to see if that solves the issue. If not, there may be a problem with the hardware and it may need to be repaired or replaced.

3. How can I fix graphing errors on my TI-84 calculator?

If you are experiencing graphing errors on your TI-84 calculator, try clearing the memory by pressing "2nd" and then "MEM" and selecting "Reset". You can also try updating the calculator's software to the latest version, which may fix any bugs that could be causing the errors.

4. Can I reset my TI-84 calculator to its factory settings?

Yes, you can reset your TI-84 calculator to its factory settings. This will erase all stored data and settings, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding. To reset, press "2nd" and then "MEM" and select "Reset" followed by "All RAM".

5. How do I transfer programs or data to a TI-84 calculator?

You can transfer programs or data to a TI-84 calculator using a USB cable and TI Connect software. First, install the software on your computer and connect the calculator via the USB cable. Then, follow the instructions in the software to transfer the desired programs or data.