How do I find this answer on TI-89 calculator?

In summary, To access the calculator's functions and menus, press the "Mode" button and use the arrow keys or function keys. You can input equations and expressions using the "Alpha" button and the letter keys or the "Catalog" button. To change the calculator's settings, press the "Mode" button and navigate to the "Settings" menu. To solve equations and perform calculations, use the appropriate function or menu. To graph equations and functions, go to the "Graph" menu and select the "Function" option.
Math10
Here's the problem:
Find the general solution of x*dy/dx+2y=10x^2.

How do I find the answer for this problem on Ti-89 calculator? What's the input?

Physics news on Phys.org
deSolve(x*(dy/dx)+2*y=10*x^2,x,y). Go to F3 --> Calc --> desolve; x is the independent variable, y is the function / dependent variable.

Related to How do I find this answer on TI-89 calculator?

1. How do I access the calculator's functions and menus?

To access the calculator's functions and menus, press the "Mode" button on the calculator and use the arrow keys to navigate through the various menus. You can also use the function keys (F1-F6) to quickly access commonly used menus.

2. How do I input equations and expressions?

You can input equations and expressions using the "Alpha" button and the letter keys on the calculator. You can also use the "Catalog" button to access a list of all available functions and symbols.

3. How do I change the calculator's settings?

To change the calculator's settings, press the "Mode" button and use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Settings" menu. From there, you can adjust settings such as display options, angle mode, and number format.

4. How do I solve equations and perform calculations?

To solve equations and perform calculations, use the appropriate function or menu. For example, to solve a quadratic equation, go to the "Algebra" menu and select the "Quadratic" function. To perform basic calculations, use the arithmetic functions (+, -, *, /) or the "Home" menu.

5. How do I graph equations and functions?

To graph equations and functions, go to the "Graph" menu and select the "Function" option. Input the equation or function you want to graph and press enter. You can also customize the appearance of the graph by adjusting the window settings in the "Window" menu.