How do I convert coordinates on a Casio fx-9750 calculator?

In summary, the conversation is about the Casio fx-9750 calculator and its ability to convert rectangular to polar coordinates and vice versa. The fx-115 model is able to easily perform complex operations in both coordinate systems, while the fx-9750 can only do so in complex mode. There is a workaround involving using the rectangular value, switching to polar, and adding the polar expression. The speakers also discuss the efficiency and ease of use of different calculator models for operations like base conversion and logic. Further details and instructions can be found in the manual on page 48.
FrankJ777
Hi all
Does anyone have experience with a casio fx-9750 calculator? I'm trying to figure out how to convert rectangular to polar coordinates and visa versa. I have a casio fx-115 which does complex operations easily in both coordinate systems, but with the casio fx-9750 I can only figure out how to use rectangular coordinates in complex mode. My fx-115 will easily resolve an expression like: (9+5i) + (5[tex]\angle[/tex]45)
Does anyone know how I can do that with my Casio fx-9750?

Thanks a lot.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Enter the rectangular value, switch to polar, add the polar expression. At least that's as far as I got with it before deciding I didn't like it and went back to the 115ms.

Option - F3 (complex), Option - F6 (next), F5 (angle)

I don't know why they some operations require so many more keystrokes on graphing calcs compared to other models. The TI-36X is another example that is simpler than the graphic TI-89 for operations like base conversion and logic.

Related to How do I convert coordinates on a Casio fx-9750 calculator?

1. What are the main features of the Casio fx-9750G calculator?

The Casio fx-9750G calculator is a powerful scientific calculator that has many useful features. Some of the main features include:

• Large, easy-to-read display
  • Over 2,000 built-in functions
  • Graphing capabilities
  • Matrix and vector calculations
  • Statistical calculations
  • Programmable functions

2. Is the Casio fx-9750G calculator suitable for use in high school or college?

Yes, the Casio fx-9750G calculator is a popular choice for high school and college students. It has the necessary functions and capabilities for advanced math and science courses.

3. Can the Casio fx-9750G calculator be used for standardized tests?

The Casio fx-9750G calculator is allowed on many standardized tests, but it is always best to check with the testing organization beforehand to ensure that it is permitted. Some tests may have restrictions on certain features, such as programmability.

4. How do I reset the Casio fx-9750G calculator?

To reset the calculator, press the "SHIFT" button and then the "9" key. This will reset the calculator to its default settings.

5. Can I connect the Casio fx-9750G calculator to a computer?

Yes, the Casio fx-9750G calculator can be connected to a computer using a USB cable. This allows for easy transfer of data and programs between the calculator and computer.