How do I convert angular speed to revolution

In summary, the conversation is about converting angular speed in radians per second into revolutions per second. The equation W=2*pi/60 sec can be used to convert this value. The problem being discussed involves a diver on a springboard who tucks into a ball and makes four complete revolutions in 1.0s. The question is how many revolutions she would have made in 3.0s if she had not tucked at all.
innightmare

Homework Statement

I need to know how to convert angular speed into revolutions

Homework Equations

W=2*pi/60 sec, but that's for rad over second

The Attempt at a Solution

w=2*pif

Physics news on Phys.org
I assume you mean that you'd like to convert angular speed in radians per second into revolutions per second. You'll want to use the fact that [tex] 2\pi [/tex] radians equals one revolution. Does that help?

Im a bit confused. I am working on a problem for linear momentum where I need to find the final angular speed, which was .8. But now I need to convert into revolutions. My t=3.0s

I'm not quite sure what your asking for. You have an angular speed in radians per second, correct? Are you trying to convert this value into relovutions per second, or are you trying to find the angualr displacement? You may want to post the problem.

Ok, this is the problem:A diver comes off a spring board with arms straight up and legs straight down, giving her a moment of inertia about her rotation axis of 36 kgm^2. She then tucks into a small ball decreasing this moment of inertia of 7.2kgm^2. While tucked she makes four complete revoutions in 1.0s. If she hasnt tucked at all, how many revoultions woudl she have made in the 3.0s from board to water?

Related to How do I convert angular speed to revolution

1. What is angular speed and how is it measured?

Angular speed is the rate at which an object rotates or moves around a central point. It is measured in radians per second (rad/s) or degrees per second (deg/s).

2. How do I convert angular speed from radians per second to revolutions per minute?

To convert angular speed from radians per second to revolutions per minute, you can use the formula: revolutions per minute (rpm) = angular speed (rad/s) x 60 / 2π.

3. Can angular speed be negative?

Yes, angular speed can be negative. It indicates that the object is rotating in the opposite direction from the positive direction.

4. Is there a difference between angular speed and tangential speed?

Yes, there is a difference between angular speed and tangential speed. Angular speed measures the rate of rotation, while tangential speed measures the linear speed of an object moving along a circular path.

5. How do I calculate the angular speed of an object?

To calculate the angular speed of an object, you can use the formula: angular speed (rad/s) = angle (radians) / time (seconds) or angular speed (deg/s) = angle (degrees) / time (seconds).