In summary, the parameters needed for Eqn. (10) are: amplitude, frequency, and wave vector potential.
AAB1994
If the amplitude of gravitational waves, frequency of gravitational waves and the vector potential of magnetic field in surrounding of such waves are known then what would be the easiest way to calculate resultant acceleration of electrons?

My above question is based on the various researches around particle acceleration by gravity waves in neighborhood of magnetic neutral sheet

(http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0312151.pdf -one of the researches.)

Physics news on Phys.org
AAB1994 said:
If the amplitude of gravitational waves, frequency of gravitational waves and the vector potential of magnetic field in surrounding of such waves are known then what would be the easiest way to calculate resultant acceleration of electrons?

Doesn't the paper itself take you through the calculation methods in section 2?

I wanted to code the whole formula and then keep trying with various values. There are few unknown parameters in the equations and I am unable to pinpoint the correct equation. Please Help

He says the equations of motion are Eqn. (10). What more do you need?

Vanadium 50 said:
He says the equations of motion are Eqn. (10). What more do you need?
Input would only be amplitude of gravity waves, frequency of gravity waves and vector potential of magnetic field. Now what would be the parameters for equation no. 10 and would it be enough for calculating accelerating electron or do I have to use other equations to get result from given input? As I said before I don't have any background in physics

Last edited:
AAB1994 said:
As I said before I don't have any background in physics

Where did you say this? By making this thread an A, you said you wanted an answer at the graduate level.

Eqn. (10) is the answer. If you don't have the background to use the answer, I am not sure how we can help you.

http://cdsads.u-strasbg.fr/cgi-bin/..._paper=YES&type=PRINTER&filetype=.pdfequation no. 2b is used to calculate acceleration of particles. I am trying to solve it in hypothetical situation and want to know if following parameters taken are correct. (I am looking to get particle acceleration in meters per second)

Unperturbed velocity: some basic assumption in meters per second
Larmor frequency:In hertz
Wave frequency: In hertz
X3 : assumed direction in degrees
arbitary phase constant: again some assumption in meters per second
amplitude: in decibels(calculated with distance traveled in meters)

now are my parameters correct? and what is c and t ?

AAB1994 said:
and what is c and t ?
This should be obvious to anybody with some education in college physics. Are you saying that you are interested in this highly specialized physics paper without having any education in college physics?

Likes DrClaude
I do not have any formal education. I am learning everything on need to know basis for this paper. Can you pleasr help?

AAB1994 said:
I am learning everything on need to know basis for this paper.
I'm sorry to say, but you will get nowhere with that approach. Without a good foundation in basic physics, it is impossible to understand such an article. Worse yet, you may think you understand without understanding.

Likes Demystifier
DrClaude said:
I'm sorry to say, but you will get nowhere with that approach. Without a good foundation in basic physics, it is impossible to understand such an article. Worse yet, you may think you understand without understanding.
Agreed. But could you please answer my question?

I'll answer your questions, hoping for you to see that your are in over your head

AAB1994 said:
Larmor frequency:In hertz
Wave frequency: In hertz
These are angular frequencies, so in s-1, but not hertz

AAB1994 said:
X3 : assumed direction in degrees
It's not an angle, it is a position along a coordinate axis.

AAB1994 said:
arbitary phase constant: again some assumption in meters per second
amplitude: in decibels(calculated with distance traveled in meters)
α and a are dimensionless.

AAB1994 said:
now are my parameters correct? and what is c and t ?
c is the speed of light and t is time.

Look, you can't even do dimensional analysis to see if the units make sense. This is hopeless. Learn to walk before you run.

This will be the end of this thread. OP, please learn physics properly before trying to make such calculations.

Thread closed.

Related to How do I calculate electron acceleration by gravitational waves

1. How do gravitational waves affect the acceleration of electrons?

Gravitational waves do not directly affect the acceleration of electrons. However, they can indirectly cause changes in the gravitational field, which can in turn influence the motion of electrons.

2. What is the formula for calculating electron acceleration by gravitational waves?

The formula for calculating electron acceleration by gravitational waves is a = -kGm/r^2, where a is the acceleration, k is the gravitational constant, G is the mass of the electron, and r is the distance from the source of the gravitational waves.

3. How can I measure the acceleration of electrons caused by gravitational waves?

The acceleration of electrons caused by gravitational waves can be measured using specialized equipment such as interferometers or particle detectors. These devices can detect the changes in the motion of electrons caused by the passing gravitational waves.

4. What factors can affect the accuracy of calculating electron acceleration by gravitational waves?

The accuracy of calculating electron acceleration by gravitational waves can be affected by factors such as the distance from the source of the waves, the strength of the waves, and any external forces acting on the electrons.

5. Are there any real-life applications for calculating electron acceleration by gravitational waves?

Yes, there are several real-life applications for calculating electron acceleration by gravitational waves, such as studying the effects of gravitational waves on the motion of particles in outer space and developing more accurate models for predicting the behavior of electrons in high-energy environments.