How Can You Find Information on Parallel-Connected LCR Networks?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in finding relevant theoretical information on the internet for a physics practical focused on the resonance of the impedance of an LCR network. The speaker specifically mentions the challenge in finding information for an LCR circuit with the inductor and resistor in series and the capacitor in parallel. They then ask for suggestions of helpful websites, with two potential options provided.
Steph
I'm currently writing up a physics practical which looked at the resonance of the impedance of an LCR network.

I'm trying to look for theoretical information on the internet, but am struggling to find relevant information. The LCR circuit I used had the inductor and resistor in series, then connected in parallel to the capacitor. The only information I can find is for all three components connected in series.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could suggest websites that might be useful. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Steph said:
I'm currently writing up a physics practical which looked at the resonance of the impedance of an LCR network.

I'm trying to look for theoretical information on the internet, but am struggling to find relevant information. The LCR circuit I used had the inductor and resistor in series, then connected in parallel to the capacitor. The only information I can find is for all three components connected in series.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could suggest websites that might be useful. Thanks.
Try following Web Pages. (Set RC and/or RL equal to zero (0) to meet your requirements.)
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/rlcpar.html#c1
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/parres.html#c1

~~

Last edited:

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your physics practical on the resonance of an LCR network. It sounds like you have already done some research, but are having trouble finding information specifically on the configuration you used. Don't worry, this is a common issue when conducting experiments and it's great that you are seeking assistance.

One helpful resource that I would suggest is the website of your textbook publisher or a reputable physics textbook. Often, they will have supplemental materials or online resources that can provide more detailed information on specific topics, such as LCR networks.

In addition, you may want to try searching for articles or research papers on the topic. These can often provide more in-depth information and may have specific examples or applications of LCR networks similar to the one you used in your experiment.

Another suggestion would be to reach out to your instructor or a physics tutor for guidance. They may have additional resources or be able to provide clarification on any confusing information you have found.

Overall, don't be discouraged if you are having trouble finding information on your specific LCR network configuration. It's important to keep searching and utilizing different resources until you find what you need. Good luck with your practical and I hope you are able to find the information you need.

Related to How Can You Find Information on Parallel-Connected LCR Networks?

1. What is resonance in an LCR network?

Resonance in an LCR (inductor-capacitor-resistor) network is when the circuit reaches a state where the reactive components (inductor and capacitor) cancel each other out, resulting in a net impedance of only the resistive component. This causes the circuit to exhibit a peak in current and a minimum in impedance at a specific frequency.

2. How is resonance frequency calculated in an LCR network?

The resonance frequency in an LCR network is calculated using the formula f = 1/2π√(LC), where f is the resonance frequency in Hertz, L is the inductance in Henrys, and C is the capacitance in Farads. This formula assumes a series LCR circuit with no resistance.

3. What is the significance of resonance in an LCR network?

Resonance in an LCR network has several practical applications, such as in radio and television receivers, where it is used to select a specific frequency from a range of incoming signals. It is also used in electrical filters, where it helps to attenuate specific frequencies. Additionally, resonance is important in understanding the behavior of circuits and designing them for specific purposes.

4. How can resonance be observed in an LCR network?

Resonance in an LCR network can be observed by measuring the current and impedance of the circuit at different frequencies. The resonance frequency can be identified by the peak in current and minimum in impedance. This can be done using a multimeter or an oscilloscope.

5. How can resonance be controlled in an LCR network?

Resonance in an LCR network can be controlled by adjusting the values of the inductor and capacitor. By changing the values of these components, the resonance frequency can be shifted to a desired frequency. Additionally, adding resistance to the circuit can also help in controlling resonance.