How Can We Interact with Dark Matter for Sci-Fi Novel?

In summary: All i know is that one their is that they are something sort of WIMP( weakly interacting massive Particle). So getting it to interacting is pretty difficult. I'd hazard a guess that it is unknown.Hi newjersey:I think that the technical word you use in the above quote is misspelled. Did you mean "metamerically": In a metameric manner"metameric": exhibiting structural isomerismAt this point I have to make a guess that you are using the term "metamerically" metaphorically because the only definitions for "structural isomerism" seem to be related to chemistry."structural isomer
Got it.. Sorry

Space news on Phys.org
nikkkom said:
I struggle to find a plausible scenario for dark matter use in a sci-fi.

Hi Nikkkom,

I appreciate the worry, but it's mostly a way to power some fictional tech that I want to work into the book. Using another example in Scifi - the "Element Zero" from Mass Effect that allowed the creation and manipulation of mass effect fields. Obviously I'm not stealing that idea, but it's a close example that a not known substance that leads to the tech used in that fictional universe.

I don't want to go into too many specifics because I'm still not sure to what degree I'm going to try to publish. Right now this is just a fun side hobby for my own enjoyment.

Anon5000 said:
Not to be too brutal, BUT - JUST to make sure you know, nobody reads novels anymore.

Hi Anon5000,

I appreciate the worry. At this stage, I'm not even sure if I'll try and publish my idea. I just want to write it for my own fun. That said, there's a lot of scenes in my head that play out much like a movie. So, maybe I'll end up writing a screenplay as well, or a pitch for a TV show. It's not too likely, but hey it could happen!

If you want to use somethng exotic as a power source how about using "Zero Point Energy" instead? At least that is better understood so you could form a story around it, even if some theories allow it and other do not.

There are just too many unknowns about Dark Matter's true nature to try and use it as a power source in a Sci-Fi story with our current level of understanding.