How can we expand product of two currents into series?

In summary, the conversation revolved around expanding the product of two currents in a series and calculating the coefficients using Feynman diagrams. There was a question about the arbitrariness in the coefficients and whether they can be adjusted according to the situation. It was also mentioned that the product can be expanded using Wick theorem and Taylor series.
ndung200790
Please teach me this:
In QFT book of Peskin&Schroeder write:
J[itex]_{\mu}[/itex](x)J[itex]_{\nu}[/itex](0)~C[itex]_{\mu\nu}[/itex][itex]^{1}[/itex](x).1+C[itex]_{\mu\nu}[/itex][itex]^{q^{-}q}[/itex]q[itex]^{-}[/itex]q(0)+C[itex]_{\mu\nu}[/itex][itex]^{F^{2}}[/itex](x)(F[itex]_{\alpha\beta}[/itex][itex]^{a}[/itex])[itex]^{2}[/itex](0)...
I do not know how to expand the product into this series.
Thank you very much for your kind helping.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh dear... I would love to know the answer to this one.

The best answer I have been given to date is: think of all the operators that transforms in the same way as the product of two currents, and those will be the ones appearing in the expansion.

It would be so awesome if someone could give a constructive algorithm for generating the series expansion for the product of two currents (or for that matter, for the non-local product of any two local operators).

Given the series,they say that the coefficients in the series can be calculate by Feynman diagrams.Then I do not know how to give the Feynman diagrams for the coefficients.

Why is the coefficient of operator 1 being the sum of diagrams with no external legs other than the current insertions?

It seems that there is ''some arbitrary'' in OPE.We can ''adjust'' the coefficients in the series according with ''situation''.Is that correct?

It seem to me that we can expand product of operators by Wick theorem and Taylor series?

Related to How can we expand product of two currents into series?

1. How do we expand the product of two currents into a series?

The product of two currents can be expanded into a series by using the distributive property of multiplication. This means that each term in the first current is multiplied by each term in the second current, resulting in a series of products.

2. Why is it important to expand the product of two currents into a series?

Expanding the product of two currents into a series allows us to simplify complex electrical circuits and analyze them more effectively. It also helps us to understand the relationship between different currents and their impact on overall circuit behavior.

3. What are the benefits of expanding the product of two currents into a series?

Expanding the product of two currents into a series allows us to calculate the total current in a circuit more accurately. It also helps us to identify any potential issues or limitations in the circuit design.

4. Are there any limitations to expanding the product of two currents into a series?

One limitation of expanding the product of two currents into a series is that it assumes all the currents are independent. This may not always be the case in more complex circuits where currents may interact with each other.

5. Can the product of two currents be expanded into a series in any type of circuit?

Yes, the product of two currents can be expanded into a series in any type of circuit, as long as the currents are linear and do not have any non-linear components. Non-linear components, such as diodes and transistors, can affect the relationship between currents and may not follow the same rules of expansion into a series.