How Can the Rules of Checkers Save Your Life?

• Thread starter Caracrist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the game of draughts, also known as checkers, is played on an 8x8 board with 12 pieces on each side. Pieces can only move forward, but can capture both forward and backwards. A piece becomes a king when it reaches the opponent's side and can then move backwards. If a player has a jumping move available, they must make that move even if other non-jumping moves are available. The game is won by capturing all of the opposing player's pieces or by leaving the opposing player with no legal moves. In a situation where two players are pitted against each other with the threat of death, there is a possibility that they can block their own pieces and end up in a stalemate
Caracrist
Draught-board 8x8. 12 pieces on each side that may only move forward but capture forward and backwards. Only when a piece is kinged it may move backwards. If a jumping move (beating) is available, that move must be made even if other non-jumping moves are available. A player wins by capturing all of the opposing player's pieces, or by leaving the opposing player with no legal moves.

Once, two brothers professional checker players got in trouble. They they've lowered the boom on wrong people, and been caught by them. These guys decided to punish them hard. They told the brothers to play checkers with each other, and the loser will be killed. They left draught-board and went out for a while, just told, that if the brothers will not finish the game before they back, they will finish the game for them, and which side will lose - will die.

The brothers took the draught-board and realized, that there are only 12 black pieces and 8 white pieces. There is no way to escape, and these people keep their word. How to handle this situation? Please advice.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Caracrist said:
and been caught, by them

Is that comma necessary?

As long as I'm dwelling on grammar, I'll read the entire entry.

Caracrist said:
They told brothers to play

You need a "the" after told.

Caracrist said:
looser

Loser only has one "o."

Caracrist said:
They left braught-board and got out for a while

Brought is spelled incorrectly. There should be commas...I won't bother to point out where. And, I believe that it should be "went" instead of "got."

This is atrocious, I refuse to read farther. I'm sorry if these comments offend the poster or any reader, but if a question is not phrased correctly then I don't see why it should be answered.

Last edited:
f(x) :the reply has been irrelevant and out of field...you either understood the problem or did not,thats what matters...Caracrist:tight game,we could probably involve "probability" to see chances of survival?thats 1 among the steps I know there should still be more to process,but just there,do you see any picture?

What if they just lock the pieces? So they they block in their own kings and can't move forward anymore?

ƒ(x) said:
Is that comma necessary?

As long as I'm dwelling on grammar, I'll read the entire entry.

You need a "the" after told.

Loser only has one "o."

Brought is spelled incorrectly. There should be commas...I won't bother to point out where. And, I believe that it should be "went" instead of "got."

This is atrocious, I refuse to read farther. I'm sorry if these comments offend the poster or any reader, but if a question is not phrased correctly then I don't see why it should be answered.
Thanks for your review. English is not my mother language. You are welcome to fix all grammar mistakes and reread the result.

natives said:
...do you see any picture?
I know the answer ;)

K.J.Healey said:
What if they just lock the pieces? So they they block in their own kings and can't move forward anymore?

Is it possible?

Caracrist said:
A player wins by capturing all of the opposing player's pieces, or by leaving the opposing player with no legal moves.

you can't block your pieces apparently.

Other than that I'm not sure I understand this enough to answer intelligently.

redargon said:
you can't block your pieces apparently.

Other than that I'm not sure I understand this enough to answer intelligently.

If both blocked, the one whose turn loses.

K.J.Healey said:

I'll give you a hint, it is possible. And it is an answer. Now, find this position...

anybody?

Related to How Can the Rules of Checkers Save Your Life?

1. What is "Playing Checkers 4 your life"?

"Playing Checkers 4 your life" is a game that uses the basic rules and strategies of traditional checkers, but with a twist. Instead of simply playing for fun, players are faced with high stakes as their moves can determine their survival in a post-apocalyptic world.

2. How is "Playing Checkers 4 your life" different from traditional checkers?

Aside from the added element of survival, "Playing Checkers 4 your life" also introduces new rules and variations to the game. These may include limited time for each move, special power-ups, and obstacles on the board.

3. Is "Playing Checkers 4 your life" suitable for all ages?

Due to the high stakes and potentially intense gameplay, "Playing Checkers 4 your life" is not recommended for young children. It is best suited for adults and older teenagers who are able to handle the competitive nature of the game.

4. Can I play "Playing Checkers 4 your life" alone?

While the game can be played alone, it is best experienced with at least one other player. "Playing Checkers 4 your life" is designed to be a highly interactive and strategic game, and playing with others can add to the excitement and challenge.

5. Is there a way to win "Playing Checkers 4 your life" without risking my own life?

Yes, there are variations of the game that do not involve actual life-or-death consequences. These versions still incorporate the high stakes and intense gameplay, but with alternative consequences such as losing points or having to perform a forfeit task.