How can teachers eliminate distractions when showing YouTube videos in class?

• Thread starter JPElectron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Youtube
In summary, the speaker has created a website, www.just1tube.com, to help teachers who use YouTube videos in their lessons. By erasing the "you" in the video's URL, the distractions of suggested videos and comments can be avoided. The speaker hopes others find this helpful and mentions attempting to post in the "Learning Materials" forum, but lacking permission."
JPElectron
I have been helping teachers who show YouTube videos as examples, but we find the "suggested videos" or comments to be distractions, especially when linked from teachers homepages. In an attempt to help this issue I have created www.just1tube.com

For example...
(no relation to this video, which I picked at random)

Just erase the "you" and put in "just1" so you get this...
http://www.just1tube.com/watch?v=67cev_zcXJw

I hope others find this helpful. Was trying to post in the "Learning Materials" forum, but I don't have permission there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
You are awesome

Thread closed for Moderation...

Related to How can teachers eliminate distractions when showing YouTube videos in class?

1. What are some features of YouTube without distractions?

YouTube without distractions typically includes features such as an ad-free experience, the ability to block certain channels or keywords, and the option to create custom playlists for uninterrupted viewing.

2. Is it possible to watch YouTube without seeing recommended videos?

Yes, YouTube without distractions often allows users to disable recommended videos, or only show recommended videos from channels they subscribe to.

3. Can I use YouTube without distractions on all devices?

It depends on the specific platform or app. Some ad-blocking extensions or apps are only available for certain devices or browsers. However, there are usually options to customize your YouTube experience on most devices.

4. How does YouTube without distractions impact creators?

Since ad revenue is a major source of income for many YouTubers, using YouTube without distractions may affect their earnings. However, some platforms offer alternative ways for creators to earn money, such as through sponsorships or merchandise sales.

5. Are there any risks associated with using YouTube without distractions?

Using ad-blocking extensions or apps may potentially harm your device or violate YouTube's terms of service. It's important to research and use trusted platforms to ensure your safety and compliance with YouTube's guidelines.