How can I view the results of my LaTeX code without saving it first?

In summary, a user is new to Latex and has downloaded TeXWorks from the Internet. They have copied and pasted text from the Internet to test it, but cannot see the results when saving it as a file. They are wondering which file type they should save in order to see the results and are asking for help. Another user suggests saving the file as a .tex file and clicking the green button at the top to generate a PDF and automatically open it. The first user asks if it is possible to view the results without saving it first and how to do so. They also mention that they tried saving it as a .tex file and opening it again, but the results did not appear.
desmond iking
i am a newbie to Latex. i have downloaded TeXWorks from the Internet. i copied and paste some text directly from the Internet to test it. Unfortunealy i can't see the 'results' when i saved it as a file. Which type of file should I save in order to see the 'results' . Can someone help please?

Attachments

• Untitledd.png
    Untitledd.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 514
Physics news on Phys.org
desmond iking said:
i am a newbie to Latex. i have downloaded TeXWorks from the Internet. i copied and paste some text directly from the Internet to test it. Unfortunealy i can't see the 'results' when i saved it as a file. Which type of file should I save in order to see the 'results' . Can someone help please?
Do you mean it didn't create the pdf? If so you need to savew it ( a .tex file will do) and click the green button at the top. This should generate a pdf and automatically open it.

Vagn said:
Do you mean it didn't create the pdf? If so you need to savew it ( a .tex file will do) and click the green button at the top. This should generate a pdf and automatically open it.
can i view the result without saving it first? how to view the result? i copied and paste some example from the internet as above but it didnt work! i tried to save it as .tex files and opened it again. But , the things same as in the pic appeared. I didn't see the results.

Related to How can I view the results of my LaTeX code without saving it first?

1. What is LaTeX and how is it different from other document preparation systems?

LaTeX is a document preparation system used for creating high-quality documents, particularly in the fields of mathematics, science, and academia. It is different from other systems, such as Microsoft Word, because it uses a markup language instead of a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) approach. This allows for more precise control over the formatting and layout of the document.

2. How do I install LaTeX and TeXWorks on my computer?

The easiest way to install LaTeX and TeXWorks is by using a distribution such as MiKTeX or TeX Live. These distributions include all the necessary packages and programs for creating LaTeX documents. Simply download the distribution for your operating system and follow the installation instructions.

3. What are the basic components of a LaTeX document?

A basic LaTeX document consists of a document class, which defines the overall layout and formatting, and a document body, which contains the content of the document. The document body is made up of text, mathematical equations, and commands that control the formatting and layout.

4. How do I create a table or figure in LaTeX?

To create a table or figure in LaTeX, you can use the table or figure environment, respectively. Within these environments, you can use various commands to format the layout and add captions. You can also use external packages, such as tabularx or graphicx, to create more complex tables and figures.

5. Can I collaborate with others on a LaTeX document?

Yes, LaTeX documents can be easily shared and collaborated on using version control systems such as Git. You can also use online platforms like Overleaf to collaborate in real-time with others on the same LaTeX document. Additionally, you can use the trackchanges package to keep track of edits and comments made by multiple authors.