How Can I Resolve a Fatal Error Description of Cell 27 in MCNP?

• Thread starter sanjay singh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error Mcnp
In summary, the MCNP error message is a notification that something has gone wrong during simulation and the program is unable to continue. To troubleshoot these errors, it is recommended to review the input file for correct parameters and formatting, and there are also online resources available for a list of common error messages and their explanations. While some errors may be unavoidable, steps can be taken to minimize their occurrence, such as thorough testing and validation of input files. If unable to resolve an error, the official MCNP support team can be contacted for assistance.
sanjay singh
I am running MCNP. It gives a error massage : fatal error description of cell 27 uses 1098 words. 1000 words max.

I am not able to resolve this. If anybody can explain me about this error and how to correct it. regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is there additional detail you can provide here that might assist someone who uses MCNP to help you with this?

That happens when the cell description is too long. MCNP has a limit on that. Correcting this depends entirely on your problem geometry. If you can, break that cell into simpler Boolean expressions or different simpler cells.

Related to How Can I Resolve a Fatal Error Description of Cell 27 in MCNP?

1. What does the MCNP error message mean?

The MCNP error message is a notification that something has gone wrong during the simulation and the program is unable to continue. The specific error message will provide more details about the issue that occurred.

2. How can I troubleshoot MCNP error messages?

One way to troubleshoot MCNP error messages is to review the input file and make sure all required parameters and data are correctly specified. Checking for any typos or incorrect formatting can also help identify the source of the error.

3. Is there a list of common MCNP error messages and their explanations?

Yes, there are resources available online that provide a list of common MCNP error messages and their explanations. These can be found on the official MCNP website or through user forums and discussion boards.

4. Can I prevent MCNP error messages from occurring?

While some errors may be unavoidable due to input mistakes or system limitations, there are steps that can be taken to minimize the occurrence of MCNP error messages. This includes thoroughly testing and validating input files before running simulations and ensuring that all necessary data and parameters are correctly specified.

5. How can I contact support for help with resolving MCNP error messages?

If you are unable to resolve an MCNP error message on your own, you can contact the official MCNP support team for assistance. They can provide guidance and troubleshoot the issue with you to help find a solution.