How Can I Open Lotus Word Pro Files?

• Thread starter Nusc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files
In summary, Lotus Word Pro is a now-discontinued word processing application developed by IBM. To open Lotus Word Pro files on your computer, you will need a program that is compatible with the .lwp file format. These files can also be converted into other formats using various tools. If you are unable to open a Lotus Word Pro file, it may be due to compatibility issues or file corruption. In such cases, file recovery programs may be able to retrieve the corrupted file. However, it is important to regularly save work and keep backups to prevent loss or corruption of important files.
Nusc
What program do I use to open files with .lwp, MS Word won't work!

I've looked on google but I get all junk. Would someone please display the link?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
for reaching out! Lotus Word Pro files (.lwp) are primarily used by the Lotus Word Pro software, which is no longer available. However, there are a few options for opening these files. One option is to use a file conversion service or software, such as Zamzar or FileZigZag, to convert the .lwp file to a more common format like .doc or .docx that can be opened with Microsoft Word. Another option is to use a free software called LibreOffice, which has the ability to open and edit .lwp files. I hope this helps! Here is a link to the LibreOffice download page: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/. Best of luck!

Related to How Can I Open Lotus Word Pro Files?

1. What is Lotus Word Pro?

Lotus Word Pro is a word processing application developed by IBM. It was primarily used in the 1990s and early 2000s, but has since been discontinued.

2. How do I open Lotus Word Pro files on my computer?

In order to open Lotus Word Pro files, you will need to have a program that is compatible with the .lwp file format. This could include older versions of Microsoft Word or the free program LibreOffice.

3. Can I convert Lotus Word Pro files into another format?

Yes, there are various online and desktop tools available that can convert Lotus Word Pro files into formats such as .doc or .pdf. Some programs may also allow you to directly save the file in a different format.

4. Why can't I open a Lotus Word Pro file on my computer?

If you are having trouble opening a Lotus Word Pro file, it could be due to compatibility issues or the file may be corrupted. Make sure you have a program that can read .lwp files and try downloading the file again. If the issue persists, the file may be damaged and unable to be opened.

5. Is there a way to recover a Lotus Word Pro file if it becomes corrupted?

There are some file recovery programs that may be able to retrieve a corrupted Lotus Word Pro file. However, prevention is the best solution. Make sure to regularly save your work and keep backups of important files in case of corruption or loss.