How Can I Find the Initial Velocity of a Ball Based on Angle and Window Height?

In summary, a boy kicks a ball with an initial velocity and an angle of 30° with the x-axis. The ball enters a window at a height of 9.8 m at the culmination of its trajectory. The problem is to find the module of the initial velocity, the time used by the ball to reach the window, and the range from the initial position of the ball to the window. The equations used to solve this problem involve the x and y components of the initial velocity and the acceleration due to gravity. By considering the maximum height of the ball's trajectory, the problem becomes simpler.
Kernul

Homework Statement

A boy kicks a ball with an initial velocity v0 that forms an angle of 30° with the x. The ball, at the culmination of the trajectory, enters a window at a height of 9.8 m. Find the module of the initial velocity and the time used by the ball to reach the window. Also find the range from the initial position of the ball to the window.

Homework Equations

How do I find the initial velocity knowing just the angle and the height of the window?

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried with this equations but I still don't know how to proceed:
x = v0 * cos 30° * t
y = v0 * sin 30° * t - 1/2 * g * t2
because even if I try something like this:
t = x / v0 * cos 30°
and then I change with this in the second equation there is still the fact that I do not know the value of x.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe by "culmination of the trajectory" it means that 9.8 m is the maximum height it can reach,which makes the problem quite easy if that's the case.

Oh! So I have to think of it as the maximum height!
Okay, thank you!

I don't have any more reason to think so than you do,though.

Related to How Can I Find the Initial Velocity of a Ball Based on Angle and Window Height?

1. What is exercise with trajectory?

Exercise with trajectory is a type of physical activity that involves moving your body in a specific path or direction. It often involves throwing, kicking, or hitting objects, such as balls or frisbees, in a controlled manner.

2. What are the benefits of exercise with trajectory?

Exercise with trajectory can improve hand-eye coordination, balance, and overall body control. It can also help strengthen muscles and improve cardiovascular health. Additionally, it can be a fun and engaging way to exercise.

3. Is exercise with trajectory suitable for all ages?

Yes, exercise with trajectory can be modified to be suitable for all ages and fitness levels. For children, it can aid in their physical development and coordination. For adults, it can be a low-impact form of exercise that still provides a good workout.

4. What equipment is needed for exercise with trajectory?

The equipment needed for exercise with trajectory can vary depending on the activity, but common items include balls, frisbees, and rackets. Some activities may also require a net or goal. It is important to use equipment that is appropriate for the individual's skill level and age.

5. Can exercise with trajectory be incorporated into a workout routine?

Yes, exercise with trajectory can be incorporated into a workout routine in various ways. It can be used as a warm-up or cool-down activity, or it can be the main focus of a workout. It can also be combined with other forms of exercise, such as strength training or cardio, for a well-rounded routine.