How can I easily insert pictures into LaTeX?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of LaTeX and the difficulty of inserting pictures into it. The speaker suggests using the program to produce figures as eps and provides a reference for further information on the topic.
lo2
I am using LaTeX quite a lot and I think that it is awesome stuff. However there is one little problem and that is inserting pictures into LaTeX I consider it pretty difficult to do. But a program like LaTeX which so many people use most have got an 'easy' way to insert pictures.

Physics news on Phys.org
What I do:

Produce figures as eps.

Then do something like:

Code:
\begin{figure}[t]

\begin{picture}(120,120)(0,0)

\put(0,0){\resizebox{5cm}{!}{\includegraphics{pic2.eps}}}
  \put(60,0){\resizebox{5cm}{!}{\includegraphics{pic1.eps}}}

\end{picture}

\end{figure}

Related to How can I easily insert pictures into LaTeX?

1. How do I insert a picture into my LaTeX document?

To insert a picture into your LaTeX document, first make sure you have the \usepackage{graphicx} package included in your preamble. Then, use the \includegraphics command within a figure environment to insert your picture. Make sure to specify the file name and path, as well as any desired options like scaling or caption.

2. Can I insert multiple pictures in one figure in LaTeX?

Yes, you can insert multiple pictures in one figure in LaTeX by using the subfigure or subcaption packages. These allow you to include multiple images within a single figure environment, with each image having its own caption and label.

3. How can I resize a picture in LaTeX?

To resize a picture in LaTeX, you can use the \includegraphics command with the scale option. This allows you to specify a scaling factor, such as 0.5 for 50% of the original size, to resize your picture. Alternatively, you can use the \resizebox command to resize your picture to a specific width or height.

4. What image formats are supported in LaTeX?

LaTeX supports the inclusion of most common image formats, such as JPEG, PNG, PDF, and EPS. However, it is recommended to use vector graphics formats like PDF and EPS for better quality and scalability.

5. How can I align my pictures in LaTeX?

To align your pictures in LaTeX, you can use the \centering command within the figure environment to center your image horizontally. You can also use the \begin{wrapfigure}{alignment} environment to align your picture with text, where "alignment" can be "l" for left, "r" for right, or "c" for center.